Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

cheating spouse

Started by TXdadof2, Aug 10, 2004, 02:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXdadof2

Tx case
Wife filed for divorce (slapped, ran, hid with kids); 2 children (ages 4,7)

I have gathered enough evidence and such to unequivocally determine my STBX is having an affair with a particular individual.

I am considering hiring a private investigator to gather admissable proof.  I understand that I am not going to gain full custody due to the affair.  I'm asking for 50/50 equal time with me as primary custodian.  That has been my position since day one.  

I also know that the court may minimally weigh the affair issue.  However, my wife has worked hard since day one of the divorce process to "paint" herself as a victim of intimidation, mental abuse and cruelty that comes from a controlling, unreasonable husband.  She's quite good at this tactic.  I do not declare myself a saint, but the accusations are unfounded.

There is NO evidence of any physical abuse whatsoever.  

As far as the "mental abuse" and how much she has to substantiate her claims, I can only tell you that, while she's surprisingly good at playing this newly-found victim role, I am not an abuser...mental or physical.

1)  In your opinion, by hiring a private investigator to prove that there is an affair (which I already have proven on my own but now want to gather "official" evidence), will this show the Court that possibly her tactics are motivated by something else than the accusations against me?  

2)Do Ad Litem attorney's typically seem interested in this kind of information, for the sake of the children?

socrateaser

>1)  In your opinion, by hiring a private investigator to prove
>that there is an affair (which I already have proven on my own
>but now want to gather "official" evidence), will this show
>the Court that possibly her tactics are motivated by something
>else than the accusations against me?

I think hiring a PI to obtain evidence of an affair between your spouse and someone else is a complete waste of resources. The court is not interested in who's doing whom. It is only interested in who is the better daily caretaker for the children.

>
>2)Do Ad Litem attorney's typically seem interested in this
>kind of information, for the sake of the children?

The only thing that a GAL will be interested in, re your spouse's extra-marital activity, is whether or not her new consort is a danger to the children.