Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

In Defense of 'Deadbeat' Dads

Started by txblonde, Aug 04, 2004, 11:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txblonde

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127958,00.html

Article today on Foxnews.com

I've e-mailed the author before requesting for her to use the term deadbeat parent and sent her a message again asking her why she refuses to do this.  Most probably, because she is a feminist and has written books on feminism.  How can she be fair in her article to say in defense of someone she is slamming as a deadbeat?  No mention of women as deadbeats was ever mentioned in her article.  Also, how is it that their plight of being in debtors prison is coming to light just because the prisons are becoming overcrowded?  

If you send a reply it to the author it automatically cc:'s FoxNews.  

catherine

Father's Rights Activist.  Did you notice that everytime she said the word, she put "Deadbeat Dads" in quotes?

Trust me, she's on "our" side!

Kitty C.

Wendy is one of the BIGGEST female father's rights activists out there.  I know the reason why she only used 'dads' instead of parents.  Have you EVER seen a MOTHER locked up for non-payment of support????  Hell no!  That's what the article was about...all the FATHERS who have been locked up for CS.  Good luck finding a woman to fit that description!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

msme

When gr8Dad went to court as a witness for the AG in his CS case. The pbfh was told to be current on her payments, of $200 a month, for 3 kids, & $40 a month towards arrearages, in 3 months or go to jail. They went back & she was not current. Instead of jailing her cuz she is over $5000 in arrears, (she only made 2 of the 4 she had to make) They told her she better be current when she comes back for review in 6 months.

Then they brought the men down from the jail. The first one whose case was called, had been jailed for $865 in arrears. They had about 15 guys lined up that day. Not one women. That kinda explains it, doesn't it. Like Kitty said, " they just don't lock up women for not paying CS.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

janM

My son's ex was found in contempt this Feb. for non payment since the order was put in place the previous January. Her one month sentence was suspended provided she start paying within a month. Before the month was up they ordered her to a work program. She reported to that at the last minute. She finally got a job in late June (which she didn't tell CSEA about) which she was not at long (didn't tell them that either, the garnishment paperwork got there after she left) and moved from her residence (oops forgot to tell them that too. Someone else told them all this). But since she did phone them with her new info after they mailed her, she won't get in trouble. For now.
Guess she'll be back in the work program for another few months...

motivator

Ok I read the article and it seemed to be fighting for fathers rights.  
On a personal note I find it interesting that fathers who follow the rules, like the father in the article, are GUARANTEED to get screwed over.
Where as fathers who get justice outside the courts, like myself, not only survive the screwing but actually excel ( I see my daughter more then my ex who has custody.).  
So the next time your in family court ask yourself a simple question:  Do I have a better chance in here or criminal court?   Give it some thought. ;)

//www.JusticeDenied.info

txblonde

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127958,00.html

Article today on Foxnews.com

I've e-mailed the author before requesting for her to use the term deadbeat parent and sent her a message again asking her why she refuses to do this.  Most probably, because she is a feminist and has written books on feminism.  How can she be fair in her article to say in defense of someone she is slamming as a deadbeat?  No mention of women as deadbeats was ever mentioned in her article.  Also, how is it that their plight of being in debtors prison is coming to light just because the prisons are becoming overcrowded?  

If you send a reply it to the author it automatically cc:'s FoxNews.  

catherine

Father's Rights Activist.  Did you notice that everytime she said the word, she put "Deadbeat Dads" in quotes?

Trust me, she's on "our" side!

Kitty C.

Wendy is one of the BIGGEST female father's rights activists out there.  I know the reason why she only used 'dads' instead of parents.  Have you EVER seen a MOTHER locked up for non-payment of support????  Hell no!  That's what the article was about...all the FATHERS who have been locked up for CS.  Good luck finding a woman to fit that description!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

msme

When gr8Dad went to court as a witness for the AG in his CS case. The pbfh was told to be current on her payments, of $200 a month, for 3 kids, & $40 a month towards arrearages, in 3 months or go to jail. They went back & she was not current. Instead of jailing her cuz she is over $5000 in arrears, (she only made 2 of the 4 she had to make) They told her she better be current when she comes back for review in 6 months.

Then they brought the men down from the jail. The first one whose case was called, had been jailed for $865 in arrears. They had about 15 guys lined up that day. Not one women. That kinda explains it, doesn't it. Like Kitty said, " they just don't lock up women for not paying CS.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!