Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 08:54:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

my girlfriend took our 2 sons and left the state

Started by jamantho4, Aug 05, 2004, 07:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamantho4

My girlfriend and I met in highschool. We later got ingaged. The end of our first year together she was pregnant with our first son. During the pregnancy she ended up moving in with me.
  To speed things up; my first son will be 4 in Sept. 2004, and our second son will be 1 in Jan. 2005. All together we were together about 6 years, she lived with me for 4.
  Two months ago she told me she was going to her mothers with the kids to visit for the weekend, and she ended up leaving the state with the kids.
  I just found out yesterday she applied for welfare in Texas. I live in MD.
  I don't know what my options are in getting my kids back. She calls to let me talk to them, but blocks the phone #. I can't call them. I can't get a mailing address either; I send money for the kids through her mother.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT/I MISS MY BABIES

reagantrooper

Damn this sucks

I dont have much to offer other than go see a lawer ASAP. Also Keep track of every dime you send her for the kids. Never send cash you must keep a record or you WILL get screwed. If she goes on welfare the state will come after you. You may want to go to your court NOW to establish visitation and child support you must act quickly arears will add up FAST and your life will be hell.

Its hard I know but if she left, you must protect youself and your kids.

DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT EVERYTHING AND EVERY DIME YOU SEND HER.

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!

VeronicaGia

Have you established paternity legally by signing the birth certificate, signing an acknowledgement of paternity or taking a court ordered DNA test?  If so, get to an attorney in your city/county/state and file for custody NOW!

smtotwo

YOU need to file for custody and  placement in YOUR state that so she is forced to return there.  Your state has jurisdiction because it was the primary residence.

Also STOP paying her anything at all.  Set up a separate account and put all money  that you would send to her in that account.  

Usually what you send voluntarily (sp) is a gift, not child support.  
If you set up the account then when the court orders support you will already have it.

Read up on your states laws.  Maybe theres a statute or law that prevents parental move-aways, Wisconsin enacted this law in 2001, even if the parents are not married the custodial may not move more than 150 miles from NCP.

WHATEVER YOU DO < DO NOT LET HER STATE NOW HAVE JURISDICTION!! You want your children near you, not you haveing to go to your children.