Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 06:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

medical expenses

Started by raf, Sep 08, 2004, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raf

Dear Soc,

I used to post under roofus, but can't seem to log in that way anymore, so I have a new personna!!

This is all in reference to a dental procedure for the minor child who resides with Ms X and for whom Mr XX provides insurance.

Stipulated court doc says: "Ms. X will provide a copy of the bill. When proof of what the insurance paid arrives then within 30 days of that verification Mr. XX will submit his portion to the provider." (No this was not written by an attorney, just by 2 very illiterate people!) It was filed with and signed off on by the court.

Ms X is now demanding that Mr XX prepay a dental bill and also is insisting that he has to pay her directly. Ms X states that this stipulated agreement does not supercede the original decree (she got this info from her "legal counsel" ie: at the water cooler at work).

Ms X also says the DDS is not willing to do the paperwork that the insurer requires in order to cover the IV they want for the wisdom teeth extraction.

1. What steps should I take to get the DDS to use my insurance?

2. If DDS of her choice refuses to follow insurance guidelines, can I ask Ms    X to use a DDS who will?

Thanks for your help!

socrateaser

>1. What steps should I take to get the DDS to use my
>insurance?

Send a letter and ask for an explanation.

>
>2. If DDS of her choice refuses to follow insurance
>guidelines, can I ask Ms    X to use a DDS who will?

You can ask, but she can refuse. In some states (e.g., CA), the law forces a parent who uses a non-preferred healthcare service provider to bear the entire cost of the bill alone. Your mileage may vary.