Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 12:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NCP visiits at school

Started by too_short, Sep 09, 2004, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

too_short

BACKGROUND:

I'm a NCP of an 8 year old boy.  Mom and son llive in PA.  I have joint legal
        custody and partial physical custody every other weekend.  

I drove up to my son's school in PA to visit him during free time.  Principal
        would not let me see him because I have custody on weekends.

COMMENTARY:

This issue is weighing very heavy on my psyche.

QUESTIONS:

1)  Do I need to have it specifically stated in court order that I can visit my
            son at public school?  

2)  If this ends up being simply a matter of school policy, then can they expect
            such a policy once it becomes challenged?

swilloug

I am the step mom of a almost 13 year old boy.  My husband had a similar experience a couple of years ago.  He and my Mother-in-law went to SS school to speak with teachers and they were going to eat lunch with my SS.  They were told they couldn't without BM approval.  Come to find out this year when we started a custody modification our attorney told us the my husband has every right she does because they have joint custody.

We are in MO. We only have SS every other weekend as well as holidays.  I assume that the real issue when my husband was at the school was they hadn't had any information from BM to indicate that SS had a father outside of their area (we live an hour and a half away).

I hope this helps, good luck.