Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:15:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Permanent Shared Parenting Plan

Started by demi, Oct 01, 2004, 09:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demi

Dear Socrateaser,

From Wisconsin

I presented a Permanent Shared Parenting Plan to my ex and my ex agreed verbally to it. We made some changes on the plan to protect us and be fair in all areas. The day we were to sign the Plan, my ex backed out and refused to sign it. Based on; "I just do not like it".

I would like to send, to my ex, a certified letter with a copy of the plan enclosed, explaining how this has affected our child. Our child was involved in the planning of this through my ex. I have noticed the confusion my child displays and it concerns me.

Would I be biting off my foot by doing this? Right now the order states I

"have every other weekend visits with additional visits as both parties agree to in writing".

I have also sent my ex a certified "Denial of Visitation" and had a copy placed in my court file. This was for missed days and hours late in meeting me AFTER the plan was presented to ex.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Demi

socrateaser

Writing a letter expressing your dismay over your ex's apparent unwillingness to come to an amicable settlement of the issues in the child's best interests is reasonable. However, you are not really achieving any legal end other than evidence of good faith negotiations, most of which will be ignored by the court.

If you cannot settle, then you must fight for your rights or lose them to your opponent. Those are the only choices.