Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:19:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My ex did something with no discussion!!!

Started by retro80zkids, Aug 15, 2004, 08:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msme

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

mango

I think she has seen it before. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Go back for another session, if there is one, and show that you are willing to work towards being cooperative, and understanding etc etc.

I think a counselor is great for everyone. It might be a good mediator for the kids and all.

Wish we had the ability to get our SD in a counselor.

wendl

Well at your next session, you could apologize for your prior behavior, and how this had caught you off guard as mom had never discussed this with you.

Just a suggestion. I would try to attend ALL appointments your children have (even if you can't go into the room, they will know you are there).

:)

retro80zkids

Unreal! So the kids had another appoinment today with the therapist. So I call 1/2 hour before the appointment to confirm the time and guess what, mom cancelled and didnt reschedule. (btw, mom still hasnt mentioned a word to me about the therapist no matter how many times I have written a letter asking for her to discuss it)

So my finace and I go to see the doctor anyway. The dr says she believes us and says that while she cant disclose what my oldest told her, she suggests that we asks her why she is skittish at moms. the dr assured me it wasnt anything dangerous or abuse wise and that it was something that happened at moms that my oldest doesnt want a repeat of. Ok, so now I wait until monday to talk to my kids. (mom doesnt allow me phone contact on weekends.)

Ill keep you posted!

nosonew

If you have already been told she doesn't want this info to go any further...go get another one!  Preferablly ask your attorney to have the judge ASSIGN a case manager, someone who CAN and WILL WILLINGLY report back to the court all the info found in meetings....

nosonew

I would just tell her...sorry, but I am joint custodial parent and I WANT THAT INFO>>>>> PERIOD.!!! She has to give it to you! Have your atty subpoena it if needed!