Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Should this be left to the BM?

Started by dipper, Dec 28, 2004, 08:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Hi Soc,

Recapping - my hubby revoked his consent for his son's licensed counselor due to various factors including not feeling it was benefitting his son.  I met with lawyer last week who felt this was not a good move as no other professional was lined up.  She stressed that the child needed to be in counseling to help legally - and of course we know this as his behaviors are of concern to us.  Lawyer suggested that we make the calls to find out availability and send this to mother.  Okay....after accessing insurance site and contacting about 20 psychologists we find some that are available immediately.  One in particular has an appointment this Thursday.  Stepson is with us right now.  We did mail all information to the mother including that an appointment is available this week - and that this psychologist has a son with ADHD and who was in the same school system stepson is in.  

We called lawyer's office to see how to proceed about Thursday.  However, she was not in and assistant has not called back - after two days.  We do plan on calling tomorrow, but if we are put off again......

One psychologists I spoke with did tell me that a licensed counselor is NOT qualified to deal with my stepsons issues.  Many psychologists have told me that the first thing they would do is to re-evaluate him for ADHD and assess what is going on.  Counselor could not do this - she had to rely on his past evaluation of ADHD.  But, unless we actually get stepson in with a psychologist, we are not going to be able to make the case that stepson did in fact need more help than licensed counselor could give.

1. Should we take stepson to this appointment or totally leave this in mother's care as she is the one who will be primarily responsible?

Thanks so much!!

socrateaser

>1. Should we take stepson to this appointment or totally leave
>this in mother's care as she is the one who will be primarily
>responsible?

What do you have to lose? Go check it out.