Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:43:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Living Expenses

Started by Hazel, Jan 20, 2005, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazel

Hi Socrates,

Again, thank you for the service you provide.  It is truly priceless.

DH and I are working on coming to an agreement on college support in Illinois.  The sticking point is going to be "Living Expenses".  I have been trying like crazy to find some case law to rely upon, to no avail.

Child will attend community college and reside in CP home.  CP, being understandably reluctant to let go of CS windfall, is padding "living expenses" in order to continue support and avoid financial contribution.

1)  Can you point me in the direction of some case law (or better yet, just look in your crystal ball and give me the answer) to explain how "living expenses" are generally calculated?

Best Regards,
Hazel

Hazel

Hi Socrates,

Again, thank you for the service you provide.  It is truly priceless.

DH and I are working on coming to an agreement on college support in Illinois.  The sticking point is going to be "Living Expenses".  I have been trying like crazy to find some case law to rely upon, to no avail.

Child will attend community college and reside in CP home.  CP, being understandably reluctant to let go of CS windfall, is padding "living expenses" in order to continue support and avoid financial contribution.

1)  Can you point me in the direction of some case law (or better yet, just look in your crystal ball and give me the answer) to explain how "living expenses" are generally calculated?

Best Regards,
Hazel

socrateaser

>1)  Can you point me in the direction of some case law (or
>better yet, just look in your crystal ball and give me the
>answer) to explain how "living expenses" are generally
>calculated?

This is not a good week for me to be doing case law research -- sorry. However, I suspect that a lot of it is based on the existing guidelines for minor child support. Judges rarely get creative when some exsiting template already exists.