Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 03:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Care Issue

Started by JoePant, Jan 25, 2005, 02:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoePant

Soc, The mother and I have Joint Legal and Joint Physical Custody of our minor child. Our child goes to a Montasorri Pre-School. My ex has her new boyfriend and friend on the list to be able to pick up our son from the child care facility. I wrote a letter to the schhol saying that i do not approve having them on the list. They have ignored my request and continue to allow this to happen. After reading the defition of Joint Custody Joint Custody: This term means both joint legal and joint physical custody. Parents agree to share it all.  It appears to me that both of us have to agree upon the people who pick up or care for our child. The people who I disagree with are not family and have not been our childs life long enough for me to feel comfortable with them. I also dont get calls from when he leaves school early from being sick by the other parent or the school.

1. Am I legally allowed to say who can and cant pick up our child from child care? Or in that matter block people who I dont agree with?

2.  How do I get the school to abide by my request?

3. I think it's in our sons best interest that if there is a problem with pick up the mohter call's me to do so rather then ask somone else without calling me. Is there anything legal I can do about this?

4. What rights so I have legally as Joint Custody parent?

socrateaser

>1. Am I legally allowed to say who can and cant pick up our
>child from child care? Or in that matter block people who I
>dont agree with?

Yes, but the other parent can reverse your instruction, and then you can reverse hers, and on and on, ad infinitum.

>2.  How do I get the school to abide by my request?

You'll need a court order, instructing the other parent to take the third parties off of the list.

>4. What rights so I have legally as Joint Custody parent?

In a joint physical/legal custody situtation both parents have the right to independently make decisions regarding all matters concerning the child. So, unless your court orders provide some mechanism by which disagreements can be resolved, both parents can continuously override each other.