Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Cust Mod

Started by BlendedFamily, Jan 31, 2005, 01:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlendedFamily

State is Florida.  Divorce was over 6years ago when the children were age 5 & 3.  Shared (rotating) parental responsibilities w/ both having primary residence.  The only stipulation is that the children will attend school in Ex's district.

Children are 11 & 8 now.  8 yo has never attended school in Ex's district.  Daughter was just transferred back to his district last year because Ex didn't want to pay child care for her (which I agreed to pay 1/2)

No CS is being paid from either side.  Due to Ex's shift change (weekend shift) and 8 yo doing poorly in school we agreed to split custody.  Ex had 11yo, I had 8yo.  I paid for all daycare expenses, sports activities, etc.  

Question is:

1.)  How is substancial change of circumstance defined when the oldest is going to start attending Jr. High and there is no way for her to have rotating weeks in regards to transportation?

2.)  Besides the 11yo expressing that she wishes to live with me (I know that it will only be taken into consideration)... what other burden of proof do I need to bring to the table?

3.)  If there was domestic disturbance in the past in my Ex's household, will these be acknowledged with police reports?  Will the police reports have any weight because this was the past?

I have an attorney... he seems to be pretty good but all he keeps telling me is 50/50 chance that the custody agreement will change.  I am tired.  I am tired of my 8yo being manipulated.

Thank you in advance.

socrateaser

If your attorney thinks that your changes are slim, then don't waste your money. Save your money for a battle that you know you can win.