Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

quick question

Started by lovebug, Feb 03, 2005, 01:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovebug

I am having a problem providing insurance to my child. In the CO it states that I am to be solely responsible to provide a major medical insurance plan that covers dental/medical and vision.

Currently and for the last 18 months I have been self employed and am not provided access to insurance through my line of work and cannot get even an individual insurance plan for myself because of a preexisting condition. My daughter was on state health insurance that I applied for and that I paid for.

Recently, my child was put on a 3 month lock out from this state insurance because of a payment that never arrived. I sent the payment on time and have mailed a letter and copy of the money order for reconsideration and reinstatement to the state insurance agency.

Currently, my child is sick and is in need of medical care. My child's other parent took child to the doctor and got a prescription. Upon trying to fill the prescription she was denied payment because of the lock-out. My ex knew about this problem but I had told her that she may be reinstated because of the lost payment that I can prove that I sent.

I have asked my child's other parent to pay for this prescription and I will reimburse her if she will send me the receipt so I can try to be reimbursed or to pay for it and then wait and see if she can be reimbursed. I have not received a response to this request.

Child's other parent has threatned contempt on this saying that I did this on purpose, which I did not.

Can I be held in contempt? This was not a willful action on my part.

What would need to be proven for me to be held in contempt?

What happens if I cannot possible provide insurance for my child? What does the court normally take into consideration?

Thoughts on how I can ease through this without a big blow up from child's other parent?

Thanks in advance!

~D~

socrateaser

>Can I be held in contempt? This was not a willful action on my
>part.

Can you? With the court, anything's possible. Will you? If you can prove that the payment was sent timely and was not received due to reasons beyond your control, then I doubt it.

>What would need to be proven for me to be held in contempt?

That you didn't pay. But, apparently you did pay.

>
>What happens if I cannot possible provide insurance for my
>child? What does the court normally take into consideration?

When you say, "cannot possibly provide insurance" you're covering a lot of territory. This assumes that there is no set of circumstances under which you could ever obtain insurace, and I doubt that this could be the case.

>Thoughts on how I can ease through this without a big blow up
>from child's other parent?

Pay the medical bills out of your own pocket, then seek reimbursement from the insurance company. That's about all I can suggest.