Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 06:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HELP. Can I Write to the Judge?

Started by indisbelief, Feb 09, 2005, 08:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indisbelief

I went to court today...for visitation issues--we filed an emergency motion and my ex's attorney said she did not have time to review the file. So it got postponed until Monday when she had time to review the file with her client--my ex. In short, my ex-left a message saying I couldn't have her for the weekend of the 18th....and I already had plane tickets to visit my daughter (she lives two states away because her mom moved two years ago)...and even though the actual visitation violation hasn't occured yet, the past is an indicator of her keeping my daughter from me so once again, I was in court to get it in writing from the judge affirming that it is my parenting time with my daughter.

I went through the same thing in December, November etc. In fact, this past October, I had had a court order again to enforce my visitation, and my ex-disappeared with my daughter so I couldn't get her for my visitation. My ex's attorney said to the judge...that she didn't have time to inform her client about the court order so my ex didn't know about it---ergo I assume is not guilty of contempt. Even though there was a full week between the order and the visitation.

A similar pattern of excuse after excuse...delay tactics etc. has gone on for two years...our latest trial date is in May....if she doens't get that postponed again...with phoney excuses.

My daughter lives two states away. I can't afford to travel there and have her not be there. I can't aford to go to court every month to enforce my visitation and have her lawyer come up with excuses for her.

I can't afford to do this to myself anymore mentally. I just can't understand why the judge allows these delay tactics and excuses (I can write a book on the excuses that the judge allowed---and I had documentation showing they were bogus). which as far as I am concerned are very apparant.

If I write a letter to the judge and let him know, I give up trying to be a father and see my daughter....at least until May when he has set aside two days for the trial....and I point out the flaws in this system....and how I will wait until May--will this be considered ex-parte communications and get him thrown off the case? What other ramifications will this have? I can't go again on Monday. I can't take more time off of work...pay more money....to get an excuse....;(

TPK

Interesting question on writing the judge.  I too had considered this myself to a NJ judge.

After submitting to NY jurisdiction and I had asked one of my lawyers if I should write the NJ judge and tell him how poorly I thought he performed.

He told me "I wouldn't, you never know when you'll be before him again"

I didn't write that letter.

Cheers!

TPK

socrateaser

>If I write a letter to the judge and let him know, I give up
>trying to be a father and see my daughter....at least until
>May when he has set aside two days for the trial....and I
>point out the flaws in this system....and how I will wait
>until May--will this be considered ex-parte communications and
>get him thrown off the case? What other ramifications will
>this have? I can't go again on Monday. I can't take more time
>off of work...pay more money....to get an excuse....;(

Your letter will be thrown in the trash by the judge's clerk so that the judge will not be biased. At least, this is what the court will tell you happened.

In reality the judge will read your letter and determine that you are an angry parent who needs counseling, and after that, everything that you attempt to achieve by way of the court will fail.

Don't do it.