Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Financial legal question

Started by prince13, Feb 23, 2005, 07:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prince13

Soc,

DH's divorce in SD in 1999. Per decress ex wife has 7 years to refinance the marital home and remove DH's name from the existing mortgage. Ex remarried and has been renting out the maritial home as she moved in with current spouse. There are renters in the marital home now. Of c

Recently DH applied for an car loan and when they pulled his credit he learned that ex has been deliquent on mortagage payments...60 days late a few times, 30 days late a few times and apparently there is an arrerage of approx $1.5K on the loan as well. Due to his he was able to get a loan, but at a much higher interest rate thanks to her financial negligence. Of course, he now realizes that he never should have given her such a lengthy period of time to refi the home, but he didn't want his kids to lose the only home they ever knew and he knew that at the time of the divorce she most likely would not have qual'd for the loan.

So, my question to you is

1) Since the ex is adversely affecting his credit and costing him financially does he have any legal recourse on this, or is this just the cost of a bad divorce? Divorce was in SD

Thanks so much for your help!

Pagan

socrateaser

>1) Since the ex is adversely affecting his credit and costing
>him financially does he have any legal recourse on this, or is
>this just the cost of a bad divorce? Divorce was in SD

I cannot advise you unless you post the EXACT terms and conditions of the property distribution as stated in the divorce decree.

socrateaser

>1) Since the ex is adversely affecting his credit and costing
>him financially does he have any legal recourse on this, or is
>this just the cost of a bad divorce? Divorce was in SD

I cannot advise you unless you post the EXACT terms and conditions of the property distribution as stated in the divorce decree.