Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BM using law enforcment to legally harass

Started by kitten, Aug 25, 2004, 12:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

I have sent emails and no response.  My bf and bm had their first meeting with the counselor today that Dr.Phil said was post marital counseling that the show would pay for.  Turns out it was nothing more that a guy working for free to get notoriety. He told them that himself! They were there to agree on a parenting plan for when she moves.  The trial is not until the 10th!  It turned into another he said/she said which I'm sure has provided her with even more fuel for the fire.  I am in disbelief that we put our trust in Dr. Phil out of pure desperation and then got tossed aside after they got the show they wanted.  Welcome to the media circus and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

wendl

Kitten,
I am so sorry to hear this. Are you going to write a complaint letter to the show?

Thoughts from our family are with you for the upcoming trial.

:)
**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Kitty C.

I find it hard to believe that Dr. Phil knows the truth about this 'professional' hired to follow-up for him.  I strongly suggest you contact the show and tell them what he told you.  With follow-up, he has to find someone in the area where the guests live, and he may not be lucky enough to get it right every time.

Before you give up on this completely, kitten, I hope you try working with the show to see if you can get things straightened out.  If for nothing else, it will let Dr. Phil know that he should not use this guy ever again.  Wouldn't want this to happen to someone else, would you?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

kitten

I am definately going to let the producer know how we feel, I'm trying to find a tactful way of wording the email.  Sometimes tact is not my best trait.

StPaulieGirl

I'll try to watch this.  I read your post from the 1st of Sept., and all I can say is, I'm so sorry.  That's why I initially asked you about your impression of Dr. Phil.  I'm in the process of moving, and I'm going back and forth at a bit of a distance.  

You could  provide us with an email to contact the show.  It would probably be better to roast them over the coals after the show airs.  

kitten

I am interested in seeing how the show got edited.  I have a sick feeling in my stomach knowing that our private life will be there for the nation to see.  We keep reminding each other that it was for the kids.  I think emailing the show is a good idea.  After the show airs, if everyone could send their comments, we would appreciate it.  Go to the website and send it that way.  If the show airs and they made him look really bad, THEN I will give you all the asst. producers personal email.  The trial is this Friday, wish us luck.  

nosonew

When you know the date, please email me! Thanks...nosonew...

Stepmom0418

The date is posted above. I belive Sept 15th

msme

changing the pick up & drop off to the police station parking lot? It has worked wonders for my son. It is on camera & she doesn't even dare to try anything.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

kitten

His attorney advised against it because of the false abuse allegations.  She said the ex could make him look like the reason they have to do it at the police station.  She suggested video taping all visitation exchanges.  We bought a camera yesterday.  
Update on tomorrows trial.....
Opposing counsel called Tuesday and said they want to postpone the trial for a couple of weeks so that they could have a longer time slot because "there is sooooo much mounting evidence against him.".  Of course our attorney agreed, but she left out one little piece of info.....I'll tell tomorrow after the attorney's reschedule.

;)