Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:43:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting CS started in Macomb County Michigan

Started by adassistant, Mar 25, 2005, 11:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adassistant

SS 15 has been living with us for the last 2 years, but there is no cs exchanged. Dh lost his job in October after 20 years at the same employer, so it's just me supporting the family (dh, SS and me). I also have SS covered under my health and dental insurance.

It's high time BM started helping out now. She lost her job a year ago this past November. Will they impute her income to that salary; she only worked there for 6-9 months?

How do we get cs ordered? We don't want the extra expense of lawyers unless we absolutely have to. Heck, if we could afford a lawyer then I wouldn't bother worrying about collecting cs. It would be nice if I could print the form out off the internet and have dh just drop the form off at FOC. Is it that easy? I can't find the form though!

We're in Macomb County in Michigan.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated! We're running out of money very fast!

socrateaser

>SS 15 has been living with us for the last 2 years, but there
>is no cs exchanged. Dh lost his job in October after 20 years
>at the same employer, so it's just me supporting the family
>(dh, SS and me). I also have SS covered under my health and
>dental insurance.
>
>It's high time BM started helping out now. She lost her job a
>year ago this past November. Will they impute her income to
>that salary; she only worked there for 6-9 months?

Everyone is presumed to be able to earn minimum wage, 40 hours per week, so you can get support imputed at this level, even if you can't prove greater earning capacity.

>
>How do we get cs ordered? We don't want the extra expense of
>lawyers unless we absolutely have to. Heck, if we could afford
>a lawyer then I wouldn't bother worrying about collecting cs.
>It would be nice if I could print the form out off the
>internet and have dh just drop the form off at FOC. Is it that
>easy? I can't find the form though!

Every state has a child support enforcement agency that will attempt to obtain support from the noncustodial parent. I don't know the name of the Michigan agency, but it shouldn't be real difficult to find out.