Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Legal Action against Child Support Agency

Started by chiquito2005, Mar 27, 2005, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiquito2005

For the last five years, I have been going through an incredible ordeal with the child support enforcement unit of this county. It seems as words cannot describe the incredible financial hardship and human suffering they caused on my life by their actions or inactions on many fronts: withholding more than 75% of my income for several months until I went to great lengths to make them realize the error, ruining my credit by sending to credit bureau erroneous information that I owe more than $ 50,000 only to discover that I owe nothing later, and many many more. I am totally devastated and at the end of my rope with that agency. I feel so powerless, as a simple citizen, against this government agency and the coercive power it has to cause enormous financial hardship and infringe upon many of my rights.

Am I really that powerless? I am seriously contemplating bringing legal action against the child support enforcement unit. Can I do it? Am I out of my mind to even think about taking that agency to court? What are the precedents in this area? Can you refer me to some case laws? Please give me any insight. Thank you so much for your help.

socrateaser

Every sentence in your post is a conclusion made by yourself, rather than a statement of the actual facts and circumstances surrounding your case. No attorney can help you until you provide the facts. Please try again.

chiquito2005

Mr. Socrateaser, I am convinced I provided some facts:

"...withholding more than 75% of my income for several months until I went to great lengths to make them realize the error, ruining my credit by sending to credit bureau erroneous information that I owe more than $ 50,000 only to discover that I owe nothing later, and many many more."

Let's suppose I am 100% correct and there are many more similar facts I can prove, what insight can you give me?  also, suing a government agency falls into what area of law? should I be doing my research in the tort law arena or else?

socrateaser

>Let's suppose I am 100% correct and there are many more
>similar facts I can prove, what insight can you give me?
>also, suing a government agency falls into what area of law?
>should I be doing my research in the tort law arena or else?

I don't give advice without a statement of facts of your case, followed by questions related to the facts. The law must be applied to the facts in order to obtain a correct conclusion from the analysis. I cannot give you blind advice as to how to proceed, because I may lead you in the wrong direction, based on your incorrect analysis of the legal issues involved. I won't do that -- it falls below the standard of care required by an attorney (i.e., negligence).

This is not some arbitrary set of rules -- my technique is exactly how all attorneys are taught to analyze legal problems in law school.

Ask others who come here -- they win their cases, or save money by not pursuing useless legal avenues.

My record here speaks for itself. It's up to you if you want to participate.