Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 10:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Denied all access to my Daughter

Started by Silk, Mar 29, 2005, 04:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

Dear Soc,

My Ex and I are from and live in the Caribbean(Not US Citizens), our daughter was born in the US.
3 yrs later, Back in the Caribbean, I filed for access to my child after being denied access by her mom.
The court ruled in my favour and ruled that the child should not leave the state without mutual agreement and sanctioned by the court.
My ex took our child back to the US without permission and 2yrs later have not returned nor contacted me.

1. Is there any legal means for me to regain access to my daughter.
2. Is the court ruling applicable in the US to allow me to regain access.
3. Is there any means for me to get the US authorities to assist with this.

I am very saddened and miss my daughter very much, I only want to be a part of her life and let her know that I am here for her.

socrateaser

>1. Is there any legal means for me to regain access to my
>daughter.

Maybe. What is your citizenship, and does your country have a treaty with the U.S. reciprocol enforcement of court orders? I'm afraid I don't have time to research this question, but I may be able to help you get started.

>2. Is the court ruling applicable in the US to allow me to
>regain access.

Maybe.

>3. Is there any means for me to get the US authorities to
>assist with this.

Doubtful. Answer my question #1, and we will take it from there.

Silk

Thanks for you prompt response SOC.

1. Citizenship:St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

- I will investigate if there is any reciprocol agreement for enforcement of court orders with the US.

socrateaser

>Thanks for you prompt response SOC.
>
>1. Citizenship:St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
>
>- I will investigate if there is any reciprocol agreement for
>enforcement of court orders with the US.

St. Vincent and the Grenadines has a legal system that is based on English Common Law, which is the same as the U.S. Therefore, it is very likely that a U.S. family law court will recognize and enforce a court order from your homeland.