Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:14:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

friend with temp pfa hearing monday

Started by rini, Apr 01, 2005, 09:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rini

I have a friend who has a son going through the usual sh&*

divorce in progress
\
visitation denial

petition for custody

no temporary order

psycho spits on him he returns the favor. admittedly not the smartest move but ce sera sera,....

no physical contact.

cops called they witnessed no signs of distress thus no report.

it is mandatory to report in our state or so I am told.

she files for pfa based on all kinds of bull sh%&.... stuff never happened obviously her attorney probably told her too.

first off????

he has visitation she is agreeing to meet him with child at fire station.

she has temp pfa that includes child.

state of pa does not involve police in visitation disputes.

should he meet her and just use recorder (video)

or should he forgo visit until after hearing on monday?

My next question is does he file a brief in his defense or what.

any ideas??? heaing is on monday morning no time for filing a responsive plea. just time to type a motion for temporary relief or show cause..

HELP?????

thank you for your time

God Bless!!!!

socrateaser

>My next question is does he file a brief in his defense or
>what.

Spitting back was an extremely bad idea. This puts your friend in a hole, because I would ordinarily suggest offering to take a polygraph on the charges. But, as it appears that your friend would probably fail the exam, that tactic is off the table.

I can't really give any advice without knowing all the allegations, and whether or not they're true or false.

However, I definitely would not personally appear for the visitation pickup until after the hearing. Your friend could delegate someone to pick up the child. That person should bring a letter signed by your friend, with copies of your friend's id, and id of his own, and your friend should notify the other parent in advance and in writing (and immediately).