Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 05:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SC to PA relocation update

Started by Jasdav1, Aug 29, 2004, 05:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasdav1

OK.  I had my relocation hearing on Thursday, aug 26th.  The judge heard testimony from both My wife(1 more yr. till divorce final in PA) and I.  Then he took both attorneys into chambers and said we need to come back Oct 1st with more testimony and witnesses. Judge said we are pretty even right now as far as a decision goes.  
My arguement was that our 6 & 8 yr old girls need both parents all the time.    That i was fully involved in their being raised.  My ex is a nurse and went through nursing school and worked while i cared for our girls. I have alway been a hands on father.  My ex's motives are not pure and we have shown the judge that she is bitter.  My girls are doing great in school and are in a good district.  Also, they have a large family here that loves them and its the only family they really know.
My ex's arguement was that she has no friends or family in PA even though we've been here 4 years and the move would give her family support.  She was offered a job making more $, however she would be working 3-12hour shifts a week and the job is 45 minutes away!  This would leave my girls without either parent after school for atleast 4 hours!  This is not the case right now because we both work 8-4:30 However, she claims her family in SC will help with the girls.  She also claims that our marital residence is a finacial burden, but found a house in SC that is 30K more.  
I wanted to know if anybody has any advice or has experienced anything like this before.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks