Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 01:02:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

custody wars in MO

Started by burrbunch, Aug 24, 2004, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burrbunch

Thank you so much for sharing.  It helps just knowing that someone else knows where I stand.  I do a lot of the research, acquiring records, informing the attorney, etc.

I believe that she was at one time only expected to live for less than 6 months, because that is a prerequisite for the hospice service she had.  However, she is no longer recieving hospice.  She had surgery in May or April that supposedly has lengthened her lifespan by two to seven years.  My youngest SD is 11.  After reading all the information on the surgery, I believe that two years is the most extention she could hope for.  

She does not follow doctor's instructions.  She is very emotionally unbalanced.  She is always in a delimma with someone.  Under ideal circumstances, test subjects have lived as much as seven years longer due to the surgery.  I don't neccesarily want her to die, but I believe that as long as there is a limited life expectancy, it should be considered a reason to at least keep the children close to their father.  After all when and if she does pass, that is where the children will go live.

I do understand her wanting to be near her family in her time of need, but she has support systems here in MO.  She needs to recognize that she is a mother first and think of her children's lives before, during, and after her passing.  I don't envy her.  I know that it would be a hard decision for me to make with my son.  I would like her to watch the movie "Stepmom."  We have to work together on this.

It would be ideal if she would come to live in the same town as us.  That way the kids could see her and us often.  They wouldn't be expected to change schools if there was a custody change or she  passed away.  They would have a routine that we could all be a part of.  They would benefit from having all of their family at their ball games, etc.

I may be crazy, but I would be very generous to her if she would just work with us.  My heart goes out to her, but it breaks as well.  I am sure that she is afraid we will try to cut her completely out of the children's lives, because of her illness.  I think that the illness also causes her to be especially paranoid.  

We will see how it all works out.  We go to court on Sept. 20.  Either way, it is in God's hands.  He is the only one who really knows the ending to this saga.  Sorry this is so long.  Thanks again for sharing.