Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 03:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just got a "good" settlement offer

Started by crayiii, Jun 01, 2005, 06:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fobbed-Fodder

If you ask the court for a lot of time now, temporary orders, they will more than likely give you less than you ask for, but more than what was offered.  

Once you have a parenting plan with meaningful parenting time, you will find a way to exercise it, I have completely re-written my life to be with my son and it is well worth it.

socrateaser

I wonder where all this money for air fare is coming from? Regardless, flying will certainly be the superior solution as long as you can both manage the cost.

crayiii

Mr. Attorney,

As we discussed last night, I am in acceptance of your proposed temporary residential schedule and temporary transportation arrangements detailed in your June 1, 2005 letter.

I will stipulate to the residential schedule and transportation arrangements in a TEMPORARY PARENTING PLAN.  All other sections of the Temporary Parenting Plan shall either be "parent neutral" (i.e. Joint decision making, frequent communication, etc.) or shall state "Reserved for evaluator recommendations".

Regarding transportation. I would request that your client purchase  round trip tickets that will place our son in Portland before 6:00pm on the day of arrival and will depart for Spokane after 6:00pm on the day of departure.

Once I receive a copy of the Temporary Parenting Plan with our stipulated conditions, I will request a continuance of our June 3, 2005 hearing.

----Her attorney told me that her boyfriend (fiance) agreed to pay the airfare to Portland.  I will either drive to Portland, take the train, or if possible, fly and stay the weekends in Portland.

socrateaser

edited below...

>Mr. Attorney,
>
>I am in receipt of your
>proposed temporary residential schedule and temporary
>transportation arrangements detailed in your June 1, 2005
>letter.
>
>I will agree to stipulate to the residential schedule and
>transportation arrangements as a temporary parenting plan.
>I propose that all other sections of the Temporary Parenting Plan should
>either be "parent neutral" (i.e. Joint decision making,
>frequent communication, etc.) or should state "Reserved for
>evaluator recommendations".
>
>Regarding transportation, I  request that Ms. X
>purchase round trip tickets so that our son's arrivals in
>Portland will occur before 6:00pm and so that departures for Spokane will occur after 6:00pm.
>
>As soon as I receive a Temporary Parenting Plan that reasonably comports with the above suggestions, I will sign and notarize and overnight back to you for entry by the court. I will also contact the court and ask that tomorrow's hearing be continued.

I also expect that Ms. X will immediately move to dismiss the TRO against me. It's not fair that I should have that hanging over my head. If she wants some protection to keep me away from her new relationship, then I'll be happy to stipulate to a "no contact" order.

Sincerely,

>----Her attorney told me that her boyfriend (fiance) agreed to
>pay the airfare to Portland.  I will either drive to Portland,
>take the train, or if possible, fly and stay the weekends in
>Portland.

The bf has some bucks.

crayiii

>The bf has some bucks.

He does and according to the ATT, attends every meeting and does all the talking.  I made the comment to the attorney that my wife's declarations seemed to be written in the third person and sometimes referred to her BF as "I", he said "Hmm, weird"

I feel a big push to finalize the dissolution and met with a ton of resistance asking for temp orders instead of permanent ones.  Is there anything I need to watch out for now that we are going to have temp orders in place?

jilly

Father's Day?  It's the weekend of June 17 - June 19.  I would think you'd most definitely want to spend time with your son that weekend!

socrateaser

>I feel a big push to finalize the dissolution and met with a
>ton of resistance asking for temp orders instead of permanent
>ones.  Is there anything I need to watch out for now that we
>are going to have temp orders in place?

It would be great to have permanent orders now. All you need to do is get all the issues put away. If the attorney and your spouse want that, there's no reason not to plow ahead, only don't sign up for any one part of the deal on a final basis. You don't stipulate to a partial judgment -- it's the whole thing or it's just temporary -- one or the other.

crayiii

I have a new TRO that lists both myself and my wife as the protected parties.  All it says is that we are both restrained and enjoined from molesting or disturbing the peace of the other party.  It then states that any previous restraints ordered by the Court are terminated and replaced by the provisions of this order.

The temp. relief section of the TRO states that a GAL will be assigned at a future date with the costs being divided.

On the Temp Parenting plan everything except the schedule and transportation sections just say "reserved"  All decision making is reserved, etc.

How does this sound?

socrateaser

>How does this sound?

TRO stuff sounds good. Not sure about the "reserved" language. All that means is that it's left to the judge to decide at a later date. So, since I can't see the doc at this moment, I'm curious about what exactly is reserved. Hard to comment further.

crayiii

He just took this form:  http://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/pdf/DR1_0400.pdf

Deleted all the information below each heading and typed in "Reserved"

He then included under the schedule, the dates that I will have our son.  He added telephone contact times for me, explicit statements allowing me to have access to all of the childs records, and that neither parent is to do "bad" stuff.

He also added the allowances for me to request one extra weekend per month as long as I transport.