Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

help and advice with petition for citation of contempt

Started by lovebug, May 24, 2005, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socrateaser

On 06/03/2005, at 3:00 P.M. Respondent knowingly violated the court orders by failing to transfer the parties' minor child to Petitioner at the court ordered date, time and place.

lovebug

Got the petition all done. It looks good too. Now I just have to wait a week to try and see my daughter.

I called the Chief Deputy Sheriff this morning. He was very nice. I explained the situation and he said to call him back next week and he would have a Deputy meet me at 2:30 at the Sheriff's office and follow me to Mom's house to supervise. He said I will not have to pay because they will also be keeping the peace.

I said "Great, can I have your name?"

:)

Hopefully, Mom will get the picture. My hopes aren't too high though.

I'll post back and let you know what happened.

Thanks again for all of your help!

~D~

lovebug

I want to say thank you. Everything worked out great. I was able to pick-up my daughter without any conflict from her mom.

I also wrote mom a letter and told her of my intention to file a petition against her (if she didn't follow the order of the court) and the fact that a law enforcement officer would be in attendance at the exchange.

I received no response. When we arrived at her house there was a police officer parked in the parking lot of the fire station right next door. In plain sight of all parties.

Mom said nothing to me and we were only there for 5 minutes. Now I can enjoy my daughter for 2 weeks. Thanks for your advise. I am sure I will have to use the same sort of Petition some time in the not too distant future. It should be a handy resource.

Thanks again!

~D~

socrateaser