Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:17:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Step Son headed for problems

Started by bbarber6, Jun 28, 2005, 10:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbarber6

My stepson is 12 years old and is going into the 5th grade he has failed I believe 2 times.Well I spoke with his mother and she informed me that again this year he passed science but failed everything else.They have let this child pass eventhough he can barely read.I have two teenage daughters and when we do get visitation with this child we all help him with his reading and math.We have asked the mother to let him come stay with us and maybe he will do batter here ,we live in a smaill town and the schools are smaller,he has even said he wanted to live with us to his mother but she said that he could not.The child is not mature enough in my opinion to go in front of a judge.Please Help.

socrateaser

Ordinary children do not pass science and fail everything else. Ordinary children fail science and pass everything else. Is the child autistic? You need to have the child evaluated to determine the scope of the learning disabilities. However, none of this will necessarily get you custody, because the issue is not really within the custodial parent's control, or so I'm betting.

But, at least, you can straighten out the child's problems, even if you don't get custody.