Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 12:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Any idea what this means on my pay stub?

Started by wallyworld, Jun 30, 2005, 08:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

Okay.... New order/amount was supposed to be deducted May 14 via wage withholding.   For some reason court NEVER sent over the new income deduction order to my employer.  I contacted them and they said a court order would suffice HOWEVER that because I was quitting employment with them it would be pointless at this time to enter it cuz by the time they got it started my employment with them would be over.  

So I have been paying the difference at my local court house.

The order mentioned that I could either pay the arreage off at once or pay 27 biweekly until it was paid in full.

I opted to pay it in full and did so.

Sooo.  Today I got to pick up my last check and  under garnishment where it usually says 70 it said O.

BUT....

There was a new deduction for this:  FAM/CHILD CSFX  with the amount of 163.00--- This is the first time this has EVER appeared on any check.

WEll I did the math = My new cs order of 136 biweekly + 27 for arrearge (even though it SHOULDN"T be deducted as I already paid it) equals 163.  So am assuming that the courts FINALLY sent it to Walmart BUT of course didn't notifiy them NOT to withhold the 27 for arrearege cuz I already paid it.

I sent my new employer the court order with a cover letter stating to NOT deduct the arrearage as I have already paid it in full ; so hopefully lthe correct amount will be deducted when I finally receive my first paycheck.

1.  Does anyone know what FAM/CHILD CSFX is.  Does it appear on any of your paystubs\?  Do you think that I am right in assuming it is the amount for the new child support amount + arrearage?  (What is throwing me off is the fact that my child support taken out is always listed next to garnishment.

2.  How do I get my 27 dollars back.  May seem trivial to you guys BUT i am NOT willing to pay her 1 dollar too much as she has made my life a living hell and has cost me over 10,000 in lawyer fees alone just to see my daughter!

socrateaser

>Okay.... New order/amount was supposed to be deducted May 14
>via wage withholding.   For some reason court NEVER sent over
>the new income deduction order to my employer.  I contacted
>them and they said a court order would suffice HOWEVER that
>because I was quitting employment with them it would be
>pointless at this time to enter it cuz by the time they got it
>started my employment with them would be over.  
>
>So I have been paying the difference at my local court house.
>
>The order mentioned that I could either pay the arreage off at
>once or pay 27 biweekly until it was paid in full.
>
>I opted to pay it in full and did so.
>
>Sooo.  Today I got to pick up my last check and  under
>garnishment where it usually says 70 it said O.
>
>BUT....
>
>There was a new deduction for this:  FAM/CHILD CSFX  with the
>amount of 163.00--- This is the first time this has EVER
>appeared on any check.
>
>WEll I did the math = My new cs order of 136 biweekly + 27 for
>arrearge (even though it SHOULDN"T be deducted as I already
>paid it) equals 163.  So am assuming that the courts FINALLY
>sent it to Walmart BUT of course didn't notifiy them NOT to
>withhold the 27 for arrearege cuz I already paid it.
>
>I sent my new employer the court order with a cover letter
>stating to NOT deduct the arrearage as I have already paid it
>in full ; so hopefully lthe correct amount will be deducted
>when I finally receive my first paycheck.
>
>1.  Does anyone know what FAM/CHILD CSFX is.  Does it appear
>on any of your paystubs\?  Do you think that I am right in
>assuming it is the amount for the new child support amount +
>arrearage?  (What is throwing me off is the fact that my child
>support taken out is always listed next to garnishment.

The reference on your paycheck is generated by your employer, not by the governmental agency, so ask your payroll dept. what it means.

Don't try to figure out what the amount is, contact payroll and the child support enforcement agency and find out, and straighten out the issue with the arrearage amount at the same time.

>2.  How do I get my 27 dollars back?

You don't. If you're lucky, you will not have any more incorrect deductions, and you will forget about this. In most courts, any amount in controversy, less than $30 is not collectable, i.e., it is below the statutory minimum for filing a claim. And if you act fast, maybe you can prevent the 2nd 27 dollars from being deducted. But, it's also possible that if CSE admits its mistake that it will adjust your next support payment to credit you, or send you a check for the difference. But, don't let it go -- take action to resolve it now, before you have a new mess with a new employer.