Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:44:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A question about a request in court...

Started by gr8Dad, Jul 01, 2005, 08:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8Dad

Short story, last time we were in court for my ex's failure to pay support, we opened court, the OAG questioned me, her lawyer declined, she was sworn in, her lawyer questioned her, got her responses on the record, but BEFORE we could cross examine her, her lawyer brought up some problem he had with the way the motion was filed.

Question, when we go back August 2nd, is there anyway, some latin phrase or something, to ask the court to "okay" the motion BEFORE we begin tesitomy?  I don't think it was right for the lawyer to get HER side on the record, and then have NO cross exam.

socrateaser

>Question, when we go back August 2nd, is there anyway, some
>latin phrase or something, to ask the court to "okay" the
>motion BEFORE we begin tesitomy?  I don't think it was right
>for the lawyer to get HER side on the record, and then have NO
>cross exam.

You, or your attorney should raise the issue immediately, and explain what happened at the past hearing. Then, you should move that opposing counsel either raise any objection re the form of the pleadings prior to the taking of testimony, or waive those objections, reasonably obvious from a plain reading of the pleadings, on grounds that to do otherwise is a waste of the court's time, and operates to frustrate the resolution of the case.