Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:46:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Questions

Started by billydad, Sep 19, 2004, 05:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billydad

I'm registering for my DH because we need help.  CO is in CA and he started paying CS since last year.   SD and SS are both 7 and 8.  We live in Las Vegas.
I was wondering if he should go to court to have his CS modified.  I'm not sure what is his % visitation rights but CS was based on only 4%. And last year DH had a LOT of overtime compared to this year and this is why we're having financial problems.   In his CO, he has 6 weeks every summer and every other year for Spring Break, Thanksgiving, and Winter Break.   How would we know how much % this is?  Do you think it is wise to have CS modified?  Will there be a great possibility that instead of going down, the new CS will be more?  The thing is, DH has increase every 6 mos but its only for about $0.90/hour.  Would it be better just to leave CS as is?
Also, SS and SD have been asking their mom if they can stay here with us but of course she did not allow it.  Why would she if she can get free money out of my DH? SS was crying and begging his mom and we feel so bad for them.  So my question is if they can live with us, does DH still need to pay CS?  How is this done?  What DH thinks is the only way BM will agree for the children to stay with us is if he continues paying her CS.  So if she agrees to this and after a certain number of months that the children are with us, can we file for a change of custody here in Vegas?  
This has been draining my DH emotionally, physically, and financially.  He hasnt had vacation ever since he started paying CS.  He loves his children so much, he'll do anything for them.