Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:23:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why would a judge...

Started by beststepmomever, Aug 01, 2005, 01:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beststepmomever

Hi Soc,

We're in AZ... for the past 3 years, the kids have lived primarily with my DH and myself during the school year and split 50/50 during the summer. Their BM makes more money than DH therefore no child support has been exchanged (by agreement and signed off by judge).

There was a bit of back child support that was being paid, and after paying the courts to calculate how much was left we found that it was paid off... my husband filed a Petition to Stop Order of Assignment and had his ex served... After checking the court website today it says that there is an "Expedited Services Conference" set up for 9/9/05...

My question is:

1. If the back child support is paid in full, why would there need to be a conference set up?

2. Does it make sense to bring up other issues at this conference othe than back child support? Or should we keep each issue seperate?

3. If this conference is a result of her "disputing" the paperwork she was served with, wouldn't we have to be notified of her dispute before a date was set for a meeting?

Thanks Soc!

confused wife in AZ

socrateaser

>My question is:
>
>1. If the back child support is paid in full, why would there
>need to be a conference set up?

The court just wants to make sure that there's no funny biz going on.
>
>2. Does it make sense to bring up other issues at this
>conference othe than back child support? Or should we keep
>each issue seperate?

The only issues that you can raise are those you pled in your motion.

>
>3. If this conference is a result of her "disputing" the
>paperwork she was served with, wouldn't we have to be notified
>of her dispute before a date was set for a meeting?

Yes, but she may not have served a response on you, if she didn't know that she was supposed to do so. Check the courthouse file and see if she responded. Or, you could just ask her.