Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:19:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would believe that this ERROR

Started by hoosierpapa4, Aug 09, 2005, 08:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoosierpapa4

Order from Court, Indiana, indicates that incomes imputed to the parties are x and y.  X = W2 Gross income + the cost of insurance (the portion not provided by my employer).  The Orders of the Court aren't explicit in how it arrived at the $ amount imputed, however, the only way to come up with the yearly gross income is to take the W2 gross income and add the $'s expended for insurance coverage.  Y's income is imputed solely on W2 gross income which comes from W2 box 1.  X is required by order of the court to cover the children on insurance.

1) I know this is a stupid question, but how can a Judge with a straight face add the cost paid on a pre-tax basis to the w2 gross income and call that yearly income?

socrateaser

>Order from Court, Indiana, indicates that incomes imputed to
>the parties are x and y.  X = W2 Gross income + the cost of
>insurance (the portion not provided by my employer).  The
>Orders of the Court aren't explicit in how it arrived at the $
>amount imputed, however, the only way to come up with the
>yearly gross income is to take the W2 gross income and add the
>$'s expended for insurance coverage.  Y's income is imputed
>solely on W2 gross income which comes from W2 box 1.  X is
>required by order of the court to cover the children on
>insurance.
>
>1) I know this is a stupid question, but how can a Judge with
>a straight face add the cost paid on a pre-tax basis to the w2
>gross income and call that yearly income?

You are looking for reasoning. The calculations either are correct under the guidelines or they're not. If your attorney cannot expressly tell you the legal reason why each number is there and in said amount, then that is harmful error and is subject to reversal on appeal, or at a reconsideration hearing. This isn't rocket science. Just calculate what it will cost to win vs. what it will cost to not fight, after obtaining an explanation from your attorney and then choose the least costly alternative.