Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 02:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Soc...update on SSI

Started by ER, Aug 12, 2005, 01:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Went to SSI today and got the lowdown.

Rep said since I am custodial parent I am entitled as payee for my son, but because of shared-parenting and eventhough it is plain enough that my son is with me well more than 50% of the time they still could not guarantee me as payee because of the need to chek policy. Apparently, my ex and I are the first to present such a case of shared parenting but not a true 50/50 custody. And as I guessed it, it is tied to the shared-parentin plan and what it contains as being contradictory.

But the end result now is that he is ineligilble due to me having assets above their guidlines so it has become no big deal to me. The question at hand is this.

Since my assests are above the guidlines than can my ex receive SSI for my son? I was told no because they figure in both our incomes due to having shared-parenting order by the court.

Can she filed for residential parent status just so she can receive the benefits? I was also told that it would not matter one way or the other because again all our income and holdings as considered under a shared-parenting order.

Now, she reported in court on her w-2 that she made 20,000 a year for CS purposes. Today she handed a check stub to the SSI rep and they wrote down she makes $2,400 monthly. Well above her salary she reported in Mar of this year. Being that I have a copy of the income for SSI  application with the information written down and signed, can this be used to modify an increase in CS based on that document. I am sure they will need more but this was news to me today.  I was told 20% or less will not matter in income but she went from $20,000 a year last year to so far by her cehck stubs to within $28,000 plus? Seems there may have been somthing fishy there.

And lastly, I wish to file a modification to our parenting plan to specifically claify "residential parent" since the problems of clairification. I also want a "telephone clause" for my son so that I can call him and talk to him as well as his mother but...she refuse to get a phone except for her cell phone. Now, she just bought an expensive home but will not get a land line. Can I argue in court that a cell phone is not considered proper with a 4 year old or somthing to that fact? My reason is that her daughter is 13 and just today even,  I get a call from the school she attends after 2 years of being out of my house thinking that her daughter and she still live here. This is not the first time they tried to reach her daughter. Mind you i save the recordings because thye say this is the number they were given to reach her daughter.  I just feel that if her daughter watches my son and mom goes out somewhere, there is no phone to call in case of an emergency. Is this a valid point?

Again thanks

ER

Ok, I will make this eaiser.

SSI meeting ok, but they had a problem with the court order and papers regarding shared-parenting. It was pretty much how I last explained it in my other post. I would be the one to receive his benefits but they still needed to call "policy". So, basically after all the questions,it came down to my son is ineligible due to the financial guidlines required by SSI. They could not tell me if my ex  would receive benefits as well or that my son would still be ineligible due to combined finacial status under a shared-parenting order. My ex as well provided pay stubs showing she is making well over what she reproted in court for child support, rasing the question of falsely admitted wrong income figures.

My questions are:

1. Can she file for residential status just to receive benefits for our son or would it be ridiculous in court for her to do so?

2. Would notifying Child Support in regards to her pay stubs reflecting a significant increase based on an income sheet we filled out for SSI be enough proof to have CS modify or at least investigate? She pays the CS

3. I would lke to file a modification in regards to clarifying resdiential parent and specifics in realtions to school, medical, and fianacial benefits for our son. What is the best route to go to recieve a true clairification so that the problems we have now will not arise again?

Thanks Soc!

socrateaser

>My questions are:
>
>1. Can she file for residential status just to receive
>benefits for our son or would it be ridiculous in court for
>her to do so?

You could enter into a stipulated judgment declaring her the residential parent for all purposes of federal law. But, in as much as you are the true residential parent, I don't know whether the judge would sign such an order, because it would be an attempt to defraud the federal government. But if it did, then that would pretty much foreclose any further discussion from SSA.

>2. Would notifying Child Support in regards to her pay stubs
>reflecting a significant increase based on an income sheet we
>filled out for SSI be enough proof to have CS modify or at
>least investigate? She pays the CS

I cannot assist you in committing a fraudulent or criminal act, so you're on your own.

>3. I would lke to file a modification in regards to clarifying
>resdiential parent and specifics in realtions to school,
>medical, and fianacial benefits for our son. What is the best
>route to go to recieve a true clairification so that the
>problems we have now will not arise again?

See above.