Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

One last question..Sorry..

Started by snapplegirl69, Aug 21, 2005, 04:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapplegirl69

Sorry,but I have one last question.How would I go about prepaying child support?It is taken directly out of the check from the start,and I dont know how long it will be until a job is found,so I want to cover my bases.Is this possible?Thank you.Oh also,I have sent 2 letters(ones i have used from this site)to childs primary care provider to request medical records,and have not heard back.First on was sent at the begining of June.Arent they required to provide me with this information since I do not have a court order from denying me of medical records.In fact,I have joint legal custody.Thanks again

socrateaser

>Sorry,but I have one last question.How would I go about
>prepaying child support?

Never prepay child support. If you are involuntarily unemployed, you should IMMEDIATELY file a request for a downward child support modification, otherwise you will continue to accrue support arrears and you will NEVER be able to get rid of it. Failure to pay child support, even if you're unemployed, can subject you to fines and IMPRISONMENT, so don't screw around with this or you will find yourself with a huge debt that you can never get rid of, and you may be getting your room and board in the county jail.

>It is taken directly out of the check
>from the start,and I dont know how long it will be until a job
>is found,so I want to cover my bases.Is this possible?

Like I said...do not attempt to prepay support, because in some states, prepaying is the equivalent of a gift, and you could be forced to pay it again, even though you think you have already paid it.

Lastly, please review the mandatory forum guidelines for posting, as you are breaking just about every rule that I have set up. If you continue to post in the format that you have been using up until now, I will no longer respond to your posts.