Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:14:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

finding new address

Started by wallyworld, Aug 21, 2005, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

facts:  Ex resides in Florida, I reside in IL.  Florida hold jurisdiction for custody/visitation, IL for child support.  Current IL divorce states mom is to keep me informed of residence address at all times. IL court order states parties are to divide all uninsured medical bills by 1/2.

I have reason to suspect my ex has moved from pensacola to another city close by (aprox. 20-30 min away). Although, I have contacted the school where my daughter attended in Pensacola and she is still in attendace there.

My ex called and stated that my daughter was taken to the dr. and they made her pay the entire bill upfront due to insurance problems.  Well because of a 500 deductable anyway I owe her for 1/2 of the 104.00 bill.  

Upon receipt of the bill from my ex, I called her and asked for her address (I told her I "forgot" the address.)

She stated "do NOT send it to MY address as your mail always gets lost." Send the money to my parents house.  

Okay yeah right, I do not believe it for a minute.  Obvisouly she has moved and for some unknown reason, doesn't want me to know.  Probably living with someone she shouldn't be.

I am scared to send the money to her parents house as the IL court paper is pretty vague.  It just states taht the parties are to split all uninsured costs.

I would like to send it certified with her sig. required for delievery.

1.  Can I send it to her parents house and it still count as sending the payment to her.  For instance, what if I send it to her parents house but she has her MOTHER cash it.  Then wouldn't it seem like a gift?

2.  Is there a way I can find out her new address and send it there?

3. If I send it certified to her old address, will they forward it to her new address; thus when I receive the green card back it will have the new address on it.

4.  Any other sugesstions.

socrateaser

>1.  Can I send it to her parents house and it still count as
>sending the payment to her.  For instance, what if I send it
>to her parents house but she has her MOTHER cash it.  Then
>wouldn't it seem like a gift?

Send her a certified letter to the last known address. USPS will forward it, assuming that she has set up a forwarding mail address. In the letter, state that you will not send payment for any unreimbursed medical until she obeys her court order and provides you with the current address where she and your children reside. Then, wait and see what happens. If you get the letter back, you will know for certain that she's moved. If you don't, then you will know that she hasn't

>2.  Is there a way I can find out her new address and send it
>there?

See above. You can also file a motion for contempt.

>
>3. If I send it certified to her old address, will they
>forward it to her new address; thus when I receive the green
>card back it will have the new address on it.

Are you asking a question? If you're curious about USPS procedures, call their 800 customer service # and ask.