Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Praecipe For Transcript

Started by janM, Aug 22, 2005, 08:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janM

Do you know where I could find a form for this? It's not for an appeal or anything, I'd just like a transcript of our hearing last week so I know exactly what the judge said.

I'll probably just write up a simple request. Our county courthouse has few forms to give out, let alone online.

FYI, we had the hearing for the HB130 Ohio POA. We are officially the first in our county to get an extension for another year.

We saw the judge rather than the magistrate that we usually deal with. I like this judge.

The judge wanted to know, from both of us, the reasons for it. Dad admitted that his living arrangement is not suitable for grandson and said he probably wouldn't need the whole year to get his life in order.

Judge asked if the CSB (cps) was involved in getting dad help in reunification, we said no, because child is being well cared for.

He asked about mom, we told him about her mostly psychological troubles.

Judge said this was meant to be a temporary help for families, not an extended thing, but he did grant us another year. He told Dad to write to him when he was ready to terminate the POA. He said if I had any concerns at that time, I could contact CSB to do an evaluation. I think I'll pass unless it's really necessary.

In short, I did take to heart your concerns about a conflict of interest. I am saving all my evidence for now and see what kind of progress Dad makes.

Thanks.

socrateaser

Thanks for the update. Seems like a fair resolution for the moment.

As far as getting a transcript goes, first thing that I would try is to call the court's official court reporting service. Ask them how to get a transcript -- maybe they have a form. You could also try a private court reporting service -- they probably work for the court so they will know the process. If neither works let me know and I'll try to draft something.

janM

I talked to the juvenile court clerk initially, who said I needed to write something up, then the court reporter would contact me with an estimate. This county court (at least juvenile) does not have forms (except, it seems, the one for the POA). The courthouse is just now starting to put stuff online, except for juvenile.

I'm sure I don't need anything fancy. I actually made a simple letter in Word with the case and reference numbers and the date and time of the hearing, and name of judge, with phone numbers to reach me.

Course if you wanna show me what you'd do, I won't say no...:-)

Thanks.

socrateaser

>I talked to the juvenile court clerk initially, who said I
>needed to write something up, then the court reporter would
>contact me with an estimate. This county court (at least
>juvenile) does not have forms (except, it seems, the one for
>the POA). The courthouse is just now starting to put stuff
>online, except for juvenile.
>
>I'm sure I don't need anything fancy. I actually made a simple
>letter in Word with the case and reference numbers and the
>date and time of the hearing, and name of judge, with phone
>numbers to reach me.
>
>Course if you wanna show me what you'd do, I won't say
>no...:-)
>
>Thanks.

Any letter request format will do. It doesn't need to be a formal pleading, you don't need to serve it on the other parties, and it won't be filed with the court.