Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CS Question

Started by socrateaser, Aug 26, 2005, 09:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPK

Good evening Soc.

I'm puzzled.

Received in mail today a letter from NJ Human Services CS dept. They want me to fill out some form stating weekly salary, yearly salary etc.

Right now there's only a temp. order in NY for CS. I pay direct to wife. All legal issues were dismissed by me  in NJ once I submitted to NY jurisdiction.

NJ has a case file on me regarding the CS here in NJ.

1. Why is NJ bothering me?

2. Once a temp order is issued in another state is it customary for the resident state of person paying to get involved?.

I'm not sure once trial is all said and done that I'll pay CS to wife or thru some agency in NY.

I don't have the NJ paperwork in front of me right now, I left it at work so if you need more info I can get it to you in the morning.

Thank you.

TPK

socrateaser

>1. Why is NJ bothering me?

NJ gets matching federal funds if it can force you to pay via its collection unit for forwarding to the NY collection unit for forwarding to your wife.

That's my guess, but it could also be that they're just mixed up about where the case is actually pending, and you may be able to clear it up with a fone call and a copy of your current NY petition and orders.

>2. Once a temp order is issued in another state is it
>customary for the resident state of person paying to get
>involved?.

The states will do anything to get that extra free 15 cents on every dollar of support collected.

>I'm not sure once trial is all said and done that I'll pay CS
>to wife or thru some agency in NY.

I'm not, but who knows.