Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Suggestions or Comments Welcomed Please

Started by Allison_B, Sep 24, 2004, 04:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison_B

My brother is having a time with his ex concerning his visitation with his 2year old daughter. Basically here is the scenario, he shows up to get daughter for visits and approaches the home hearing daughter crying, not wanting to go with him.She is very combative and crying not wanting to be placed in her car seat. MOTHER stays inside home. This has just started happening, for the last 2 visits.

Mother has called stating that Father has got to figure something else out because she can not handle hearing child cry, and that when returned she is "catatonic" exact word used. She has also called stating the reason daughter does not want to go with Father is due to the fact that he doesnt do anything "fun" with her. This woman has no idea of what he does during his time of parenting, and I feel she is trying to bully him into giving up his visitation with daughter.I feel she is looking for any excuse to cause him stress in this area. When he calls from picking her up, crying himself because he doesnt know what to do it just breaks my heart.

Does any one have any suggestions or comments?

I would also like to state that he used the "Fathers Rights" Attorenys , Cordell and Cordell here in St Louis,which I suggested he use and attended one of their free seminars, he got mowed completely, fighting basically for "fair" visitation. I would suggest anyone using or prospecting them please do your research and get comments from other clients, not just the BIG NAME Baseball Player that they use in their Ads.

Sincerely,
Allison_B

4honor

He NEEDS to go get the child EVERY time he is court ordered to and take her from the home quickly. Don't let the child keep up the crying game by allowing it to slow him down.

He needs to be consistent with this child and PARENT her. He is the big guy, the Daddy. He needs to take the lead. She will follow easily when she sees he is being the adult and this is their time together. At 2 the child has no idea what is fun. If your brother tells her "this is fun" and looks like he is enjoying his time with her, she will have fun too.

Don't let BM's demands change his time with his child. Continue to do what is best and right for the child.

If BM gets too far in his face then maybe hint that If she would be less of a drama queen at exchange time, then maybe baby would be too.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

cathy

..from the mother's house?  Is she ok during the time the father gets her?

I don't know - kids cry.  People cry.  Sometimes we (kids included) are just more edgy about changing our environment.  Who knows?  But, ya know, I've never heard of a kid that didn't cry sometimes - even for no reason - and I've never heard of a kid that was harmed because they cried.

I think it would be a very bad trend to start letting this kid get her way everytime she cried - regardless of whether her parents are divoreced or not.  

Mommy can't stand to hear the kid cry??  I really have a hard time believing this is the only time she hears her child cry.  If it is that upsetting to her, perhaps she can bring the kid to the father.  Then she can leave without hearing the crying.  Or maybe they can meet somewhere to do the exchange.

Peanutsdad