Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:24:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

state of florida custody and support

Started by jen-n-juice, Sep 09, 2005, 11:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jen-n-juice

I was awarded custody of my minor children after it was found that they were being abused and abandoned (fings of the court) judge ordered child support suspended until further orders.  state continued to take my income tax. after about 3 years state petitioned court to establish back support and arears. state wanted 28,000 plus. hearing officer agreed that the figures cannot be correct ordered the court to recalculate court came up with about 15,000. however hearing officer ordered this to be reserved until further orders from the court. state never brought this back to court sent me a letter saying there is no ordered pay back but, to come in and make arrangement to pay this. my use to be attorney said not to agree to any payment let state get an amount from court. state wiil not go back to court just keeps suspending my license and freezing my accounts. state rep. contacted tallahasee for me to find out what was going on tallahassee stated there is no pay back amount or order to pay it. now the local office says there is a payback amount based on original court order.  i said then take it from my pay like the original court order. my attorney checked and still says there is not an ordered payback amount. the state knows were i work and will not take it from my pay instead they are trying to force me into signing to owing this money by there enforcement tactics which makes it difficult to raise the children (the state doesnt know were the mother is who is believed to have fled the country) but, yet they want to collect money on her behalf I requested assistance when the state froze 100% of my disposable income for two months almost causing me and the children to become homeless. ( my employer pays by direct deposit only) i was denied they said i earn to much and said they dont know were the mother is to collect support for me. (not that they would).  the original court order shows  the percentage of support for both parents and a dollar amount. oh before i forget after taking to the levy coordinator from the dept. local office she told me the state is only interested in about 5900. dollars but, this is the same amount placed on me about 8 years ago when child support was first established and an arrearage amount ordred ( this has been payed)

1. i would like to file an motion but, not sure how to word it, could you    help me based on what i said in the post?

2.  i would like the court to order retractive child support based on the minimum wage amount already in place by the original order and have it offset the alleged pastdue support and arrears they claim i owe is this reasonable?