Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:58:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

end of evaluation - florida

Started by justme73, Sep 13, 2005, 10:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme73

is it appropriate to send the evaluator a thank you letter?

socrateaser

>is it appropriate to send the evaluator a thank you letter?

If you're wondering if it will be perceived as an attempt to unfairly influence the evaluator, then I'd say don't worry about that. But, if you have a problem with the evaluation, the letter could be used to rebut your statements that you found the report unreasonable.

justme73

i am thinking of a thank you letter for her time, etc, etc...

how could that be used to rebut my statements if i find the report unreasonable?

justme73

also, because she told me at my home visit that she could not remember if the other parent had contacted her yet in response to the judge's letter to proceed without his input if he does not contact her within 7 days of his letter.

i have called her office twice inquiring as to whether the other parent has contacted her, when his portion of the evaluation will be complete, and then how long after that to complete her eval.... to get a timeframe on the completion of the report. i have left messages, but she has not returned my calls.

my attorney has also called her at least three times regarding a witness and she has not returned those calls either.

should i write a letter of inquiry?

socrateaser

>i am thinking of a thank you letter for her time, etc,
>etc...
>
>how could that be used to rebut my statements if i find the
>report unreasonable?

Suppose the report comes back and describes you in all sorts of horrid ways. Then you go into court and say that the evaluator was biased. Then your opponent pulls out the letter, and asks you "If the evaluator was biased, how come you wrote a thank you letter?"

I'd wait until after the case was over.