Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:00:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting the truth

Started by backwardsbike, Sep 29, 2005, 01:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

Hi Soc,

All parties are in PA.  A custody modification is pending.  Child has a Learning Disability which father has failed to accept.  

Five professionals have tested the child.  Four say the disability exsists.   One says son has no disability.  Son is currently under an IEP which has academic monitoring.

Father fought the IEP but pays lip service to it for the sake of court ie, he will tell the son to duck out of the tutoring but send an email to the special ed teacher stating that he takes it seriously and is dealing with son's reluctance to go.

I have been trying to get a progress report from the History teacher to no avail.  I have emailed twice and gotten no response.  The other teachers have responded to my emails with emailed progress reports.

I have knowledge that son got at least one failing grade on an assignement in History but teacher has written a letter to the court on the father's behalf stating that son is an excellent student whose grades are all A's.

Custodial parent has let all teachers know about the upcoming hearing.  Custodial parent badmouths NCP constantly.  CP also has a history of intimadating anyone who does not side with him unitl the either have nothing to do with the family or say whatever he want them to say.    

This includes the children who say exactly what he wants them to say.  Cp has told the children that if they did not live with Cp they would be in foster care.  PAS is a huge part of the case.

CP has given them custody evalautions to read.  He involves them in legal matters to such an extent that they can quote verbatim different orders, pleadings and hearing notices.  

They have admitted to NCP that they lied to a custody evaluator in the past.  They lie to the NCP so easily it is second nature and tell CP that they are going to dupe the NCP and how they are going to accomplish this ( NCP overheard a phone conversation).

They will be speaking to the judge on the motion of opposing counsel.  They have told their NCP that they will say exactly what their CP tells them to say.

Questions:

Is there a way to compel the teacher to be honest about the grades including the failure?

If yes, how do we accomplish this?

IS there a way to get to the truth with regards to  the children talking with the judge?

socrateaser

>Questions:
>
> Is there a way to compel the teacher to be honest about the
>grades including the failure?

If there's some documents in the administration offices that rebut the teacher's claims of success, then you could subpoena them, and then depose the teacher, and when he/she lies under oath, you produce the documents and ask the person to explain the discrepancies. However, without some objective contrary evidence, it's just the teacher's word against yours.
>
>If yes, how do we accomplish this?

See above.

>
>IS there a way to get to the truth with regards to  the
>children talking with the judge?

Not short of holding the kids at gunpoint and torturing them until the confess.

I think you're a little over the top with this question. No one can be forced to tell the truth, if they want to lie. The court has no magic wand.

backwardsbike

I don't mean to be over the top.  However, the children routinely tell me horrible stories about what goes on at the custodial parents home.  Then when there is an evaluation they sing CP's praises.  

CP has been known to intimidate professionals working with the family. CP treats everyone like dirt.  Yet people seem to be afraid of him and will never say one word that is negative about him.

Is there an effective way to be heard under these circumstances?