Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

next order

Started by wysiwyg, Sep 23, 2005, 07:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoosierpapa4

>>Indiana
>>
>>Are the case files a matter of public record, in otherwise
>can
>>I go in and ask to see the case file?
>
>Superior Court is the general trial court; Circuit Court is
>the first appellate court above the Superior Court and below
>the Supreme Court of Indiana.
>
>With very limited exceptions, all case files are public
>record. Just go to the court clerk file office and ask for the
>files.
>

In my county, there are computers located in the court house that are specifically setup for walkup access by JQP (John Q Public), there are sheets located next to the pc's that give you instructions on how to look things up by name and/or cause number.  Once you obtain these for the civil matters, and if curiousity strikes you, you can look up criminal stuff by name/address/partial names/aka's/pet names etc., always enlightening.  This will give you cause numbers that you can then use to obtain copies (usually $1 per sheet - cash) of each report.

wysiwyg

Thanks Hoosier friend, I already got to the computers where I found a BOATLOAD of info. I used to check this weekly but since wage garnishment I have had no recourse to visit the courthouse for any mater wahtsoever!

I can remember going in and asking for our case file and it was readily given to me, but I had wondered if I went in wiht teh Cause # and asked to see waht was happening I could, which I do believe I can and might be on a mission for such info in the next few days.

Makes one wonder where the 5 digit lump sum payment she got 16 mohts ago went, certailnly not ot the childs bank account I checked, and certainnly not to file for a reduction in CS since I continue to pay for day care that the child has not gone to in over 2 years, and for medical insurance that the child has not been covered in over 3 years.  Seems like a lot of money going to places that are not easily seen..........Makes one wonder.