Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 11:52:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

parenting plan .

Started by gipsy, Oct 09, 2005, 09:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gipsy

There are a couple of parenting Plan  issues I would like to simplify :
   This is an example of last year
   Before Xmas I   have My Thursday  three hour visit , And then  My   weekend , was On the weekend of Xmas ; So son comes over Thursday , Goes home : Comes over friday Goes to moms xmas eve . Stays at moms  Xmas Day till 7pm and then comes back to my house , As Holiday schedule states a Holiday is over at 7Pm , Goes to moms 5Pm Next day  Sunday,
 There are a couple of Issues like this that makes for a bunch of driveing , Last year mom agreed to a more reasonable schedual ,
    As odd as it is ,the GAl recomended Holidays to not be overnight , then at 1st grade Summers graduate to 4 weeks,And there is a provision that say's ( Winter school vacation) can be revisited at 1st grade  ; I would like to Have my son more during winter because My work is a bit slower in the winter , And very busy in the summer Because I now do more intereior carpentry , And people don't do much remodel work near the holidays ,
I am In Pierce county washington

1, How do I change minor issues in a parenting plan after a Judge has
 signed off ?

2: Or should I just wait till these other issues with 1st grade come into play and bring all the changes up at the same time ?

3 : Is there any suggestion you have ?

4: Is the court only going to address the Issue the parenting plan say's could be addressed at the first grade ?

socrateaser

>1, How do I change minor issues in a parenting plan after a
>Judge has
> signed off ?

If the other parent is in agreement, then you can file a joint motion to enter an amended parenting plan. If not, then you need to file a motion to modify and show how the changes are in the children's best interests.

Or, if the changes are very minimal, i.e., more in the way of clarifications, then you file a motion to clarify and ask the judge to interpret the current plan so that there are no longer any contraversies over the various matters in dispute.

>2: Or should I just wait till these other issues with 1st
>grade come into play and bring all the changes up at the same
>time ?
>
I don't know. That's up to you.

>3 : Is there any suggestion you have ?

Try to get the other parent to agree. If you can, then you're more than halfway there.

>4: Is the court only going to address the Issue the parenting
>plan say's could be addressed at the first grade ?

Custody/parenting is infinitely modifiable, but you need to prove that your changes are in the children's best interests (for parenting), and that the children's lives have clearly changed (for custody).