Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:59:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hopefully an easy one.

Started by Romersgirl, Oct 11, 2005, 10:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romersgirl

DH has full custody of his 2 sons.  We just recently allowed BM to be around the kids with out supervision - we did this through the court after a summer of trying it.  So as of Sept 30 she has unsupervised visitation now.  Holidays are not specified.  DH is traveling a lot due to business now so I am the one primarily taking care of the kids.

1.  Since DH is the only one that has custody on paper what does that mean for me when they are with me and he's not in town?

2.  As I am his wife can I make decisions for them when he's out of town and not have problems with the BM?

3.  Should I get him to sign something (dont know what) while he's out of town?  

I'm listed on everything as far as daycare and school goes as the mom.  BM is not listed anywhere.  
THANKS!

socrateaser

>DH has full custody of his 2 sons.  We just recently allowed
>BM to be around the kids with out supervision - we did this
>through the court after a summer of trying it.  So as of Sept
>30 she has unsupervised visitation now.  Holidays are not
>specified.  DH is traveling a lot due to business now so I am
>the one primarily taking care of the kids.
>
>1.  Since DH is the only one that has custody on paper what
>does that mean for me when they are with me and he's not in
>town?

Have DH sign Power of Attorney appointing you as child's guardian for periods when he is absent for between X and Y hours.

>2.  As I am his wife can I make decisions for them when he's
>out of town and not have problems with the BM?

You can, whether or not you're wife, if you have delegated authority. Such authority can be verbal, but if written, then you can show it to a third party like the Sheriff or CPS and thereby stop many complaints before they get started.

>3.  Should I get him to sign something (dont know what) while
>he's out of town?  

See above.