Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:43:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Moving closer

Started by Kent, Oct 25, 2005, 04:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Dear Soc,

I have sole legal, shared physical (week on/week off), and permanent residence.

Ex moved 1 hr. away several years ago, she drives our child to school in my district. Child is in 4th grade now.

I plan on moving halfway CLOSER to her, and consider leaving my son in his current school (OK'd by Super Intendent), or move him to my new school district for 5th grade, last year of elementary school. New school would be only 1/2 the drive for her.

1) From a point of view of stability, which do you recommend? (She will b*tch about either one)

2) IF she decides to take us back to court (with only that), does she stand a chance?

Thanks!

socrateaser

>1) From a point of view of stability, which do you recommend?
>(She will b*tch about either one)

You don't need to tell me that your ex will complain, because everyone complains, so please don't. I recommend that you try to do what you believe to be in the child's best interests, and that way you can justify your actions to a court. Since I don't have enough facts to determine the child's best interests, only you can determine the correct answer.

>2) IF she decides to take us back to court (with only that),
>does she stand a chance?

A chance for what -- getting custody? No, I see nothing in your facts the remotely suggests that this is a substantial change in circumstances warranting a new custody hearing.

But, as I already stated, you aren't presenting many facts, so I could be missing something important.