Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:14:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Small Claims Court??

Started by TPK, Nov 09, 2005, 08:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPK

Greetings from PA Soc, I finally moved.

There was very little marital property involved in my divorce. I gave her what she wanted, and she agreed to give me what I wanted.

Some items I wanted but never got were a computer (new), an expensive desk and a snow blower. I paid for all these items, 2 were bought by my company.

Whenever I asked to go and fetch these items, she always had an excuse. She agreed to give me these items in front of both attorneys and one of the judges that heard the case.

Last week I inform her that I've moved and want to come pick up the items of mine at her house in NY.

She agrees at the time.

Days later, she tells me "no". Says she's keeping the computer for our daughter. Daughter is 18 months old, certainly years from being able to use the computer. Ex-wife doesn't use the computer, she doesn't know how.

I have all bills, invoices, receipts etc for these items.

1. Is small claims court my only option here?

2. Can you suggest something else?

I told her she could keep the computer if she paid me for it ($700), she refused.

These items might seem petty to most, but I really need these items now.

Thanks

TPK

socrateaser

>1. Is small claims court my only option here?

You may have no option at all. What exactly does your final judgment say regarding property that is not expressly distributed by the court?

If it says that all the property is agreed to have been divided, then she now owns the computer, and it doesn't matter what she agreed to in court. The judgment controls.

>2. Can you suggest something else?

Not until I read your judgment re property distribution.

TPK

"You may have no option at all."

I thought you might say that.

I don't have the decree/CO yet, should have it soon, not sure what the holdup is.

I guess I'll get back to you when I do have it....but I have the feeling I'm SOL on this one.

Thanks

TPK