Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 10:22:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not a question, just an update

Started by crayiii, Nov 15, 2005, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crayiii

I had the conference with the judge today and he started it by saying he wanted to get a settlement by the end of the meeting.  He had our settlement agreement and asked my wife and her attorney if they agreed with it and they said yes.  He then asked me (I did agree with it but figured it never hurt to ask for more) I said that I pretty much agreed but had some issues with it.

The judge asked what my issues were and I told him that I wanted more time with my son.  He wanted to know what I wanted so I shot the moon.  I said that I wanted every long weekend in the year, I wanted Christmas break, Thanksgiving break, Spring break, half of summer break, my sons birthday, my birthday, fathers day, and on top of all of that, one additional weekend per month.

The judge then went through the calendar and picked out the additional weekend each month and said "that sounds reasonable"  IT WAS AT LEAST 2 AND MOSTLY 3 PERIODS EACH MONTH!!!

He then asked my wife if she agreed and she said that she didn't because she worked 6 days a week and could afford the ticket costs and the time away from work to drop off/pick up.  The judge told her that that's the cost of being a parent and moving away.

He then asked about anything else and I told him that I wanted to include my bankruptcy and that she agrees to my petition and I did not want a hold harmless clause.  He said fine, her attorney said fine.

I said that I wouldn't agree to any spousal support and that I wanted a 200 per month credit on my child support.  Again, the judge said "that is reasonable"

At the end the judge said that we are now going on record.  He read everything and told my wife that by agreeing she was giving up her right to go to trial and to ever get spousal support.  She said yes that she agreed after heated discussion with her attorney.

The judge then said that the agreement was on record and the her attorney was to fax it to me and I was to sign it and fedex it back.

Her attorney called tonight to let me know that he was faxing it and that he wanted to make sure I would mail it.  I told him that I would because I was happy with the outcome.  He said "well, you should be."

Looks like I'm done!!!!!

Oh, and the judge made me drop the contempt charge.

socrateaser

>Looks like I'm done!!!!!

Everyone wants your judge. Congrats!

Sunshine1

I have been on pins and needles waiting for this post...WhooooooHOOOOO!!!  CRAYIII!!!!!!

I told you!!  I knew it!! You made it to the finish line!!!  Congratulations!  

crayiii

I guess so!!  I am still in shock, I had no idea that this could even happen.  I thought it was just an update on how things were going.  Dang, I am happy!!!!

jilly

Awesome!!!!! Congratualtions to you and your son!!!

dontunderstand

So happy for you!  I guess perseverence pays off!!!

Haleymn

I don't even know you, but I am so happy for you!! Congratulations ;o)