Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 07:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

son on medicaid

Started by too_short, Dec 06, 2005, 06:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

too_short

CP lives in NC, I live in PA.  Custody and support handled in PA.  Our son is 10 years old.

By order, cp is to maintain primary health insurance for son and I (NCP) to maintain secondary. CP has been withholding policy information from me for the past year. Just learned from CP that she has son on MEDICAID. Don't understand how CP can qualify for such coverage given that she makes 35k a year, has two kids (one with someone else), receives additional 11k a year from me for CS, and that I also provide (secondary) coverage for son.

I suspect CP is committing fraud (she has history of lying in support court to up CS -- in fact, I'm also paying for part of her old health ins. premium and then she switched to MEDICAID).

1.)  Given that this is state aid, will the state go after me for re-imbursement?  (I suspect CP did not provide my info. to state).

2.)  Also puzzled given her income, my CS, and the fact that I have coverage for son (I did offer to make my coverage primary, but cp refused) how can she qualify for such assistance.  Have any insight on this?

Thanks!!!

socrateaser

>1.)  Given that this is state aid, will the state go after me
>for re-imbursement?  (I suspect CP did not provide my info. to
>state).

Contact the state's welfare fraud division in the county where the other parent lives and discuss it. Don't accuse anyone of anyting, just ask the same questions you're asking me. If it's a fraud, then they will begin an investigation.

>2.)  Also puzzled given her income, my CS, and the fact that I
>have coverage for son (I did offer to make my coverage
>primary, but cp refused) how can she qualify for such
>assistance.  Have any insight on this?

Don't try to figure this sort of thing out. It's irrelevant. If she's not committing welfare fraud, then you don't care what she does, because it costs you nothing.