Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:09:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Parenting Plan ?

Started by Dez, Jan 10, 2006, 02:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dez

Hello Soc,

I'm new here, and tried to post this question a few minutes ago...but it seems to have disappeared! If it re-appears some how, I'm not spaming...it would just be a "blundering newbie" mistake.

I have a "Temporary Parenting Plan" in effect that was signed in Superior court, August of '04. It contains no wording stating it's duration.

My question:

Can this "Temp" plan become permanent without another hearing on the matter? I'm in WA state.

Thanks

socrateaser

>My question:
>
>Can this "Temp" plan become permanent without another hearing
>on the matter? I'm in WA state.

No. And, if no litigation has happened during the past year, it's quite possible that the court clerk will go through all othe pending files and the court will dismiss any for failure to prosecute. This means that your temporary plan will be dismissed along with your entire case, whether it was originally a divorce or just a custody action subsequent to a judgment of paternity.

If you can get the other parent to agree to stipulate to a final judgment entering the temp. plan as final, then that would finish your case (assuming it hasn't already been dismissed). Otherwise, you'll need to ask the clerk to set a trial date and move the action forward to its conclusion (which probably means retaining a lawyer).

Dez