Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 07:55:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

dontusekids.com

Started by MYSONSDAD, Oct 10, 2004, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

http://www.dontusekids.com/html/untitled3.html

"Children learn what they live"

FleetingMoment

Why are you so riled up about a creation of a possible billboard from someone else's imagination? Does anyone who pays child support really believe their names will end up on a billboard? True deadbeats are criminals. Deadbeats deserve that type of publicity and humiliation, and no other message comes across as powerful as those from the mouths of babes.

The  submissions will be carefully reviewed and the winning billboard poster will be more in keeping with "Save the Children," as deadbeats do nothing but contribute to poverty, misery, crime, dependents of the government welfare systems, etc., etc., etc. Can you honestly deny that?

On a side note seeing a reference you've made to your ex-wife as the Devil herself.... you should be more careful in choosing what you call her. Remember who planted the seed and if such a belief holds true in your mind... consider that you are in fact, calling your own, the Devil's Spawn as genetically there would be no escape.

kitten

Because it is abusive on so many levels to ask a child to draw a picture of one of the most imortant people in their minds in such a negative light regardless of whether it is true or not.  Child support is an ADULT issue.  I suppose you are one of those who would abuse your child in such a way and not think twice?

Kitty C.

Hey FM......are you working for Mike Cox?????  You must be, if you can make the assertion that 'The submissions will be carefully reviewed and the winning billboard poster will be more in keeping with "Save the Children," as deadbeats do nothing but contribute to poverty, misery, crime, dependents of the government welfare systems, etc., etc., etc'  How do you know that if you DON'T work in his office????  

And can you be MORE specific on who is really a 'deadbeat' and who isn't?  Is a parent who's job has been downsized and they can't find a comparable paying one, when they can't afford to pay the same support?  And don't even bother to mention getting a modification, because it JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN.  They get further and further behind, barely able to keep clothes on their back and food in their stomach, but they STILL have to pay that exorbitant amount.  Many of the so-called 'deadbeats' are exactly in that situation.

The bottom line........the ONLY issue in this 'campaign, is that they are dragging kids into this foray when they should be doing everything possible to keep them OUT of it.  This is an ADULT issue not a child's.

Think about it.....what if you were an NCP and a month or so behind (by NO fault of your own, maybe a job lay-off) on your support.  How do you think your kids would feel if they were asked to make a poster about you not paying?  EVERY TIME you tell a child that their parent is bad in any way, shape, or form, they think that since they are a part of that parent, then they must be bad, too.  It's NOTHING but abuse, in the lowest form.............

The bottom line is that this a$$hole AG should be strung up by his toenails (and that's the NICEST thing I can think of) for trying to drag innocent children into his 'campaign.  This man has done a despicable act and I hope to God that they blow the top off of this in Michigan.  I feel SO sorry for those poor kids who have been asked to make some kind of picture about their parent not being able to pony up to Cox's standards.  There is monumental damage being done to those kids in Michigan and I pray to God that their faces haunt Cox for the rest of his life...........

Go crawl back under that rock you crawled out of.  You're nothing but a $hit disturber.  You know FULL WELL that this is an issue that will rile EVERYONE on this board.  You do this in the comfort of your computer, because it's just words.  Put your money where your fingers are and make your 'stand' in person somewhere.    If I wanted to be an A-hole, I could do the very same thing as you and post the very same kind of messages.  But I CARE about the kids being irreparably harmed by this, unlike you.

What a chicken $hit.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

FleetingMoment

http://paykids.com/ContestRules.asp

Not at all. I'm more of a kitten in nature, than most can imagine.

Review the contest rules. It starts with who is eligible. Junior and senior HS students.

These are not children with the inability to think. The contest is open to all children in that age group and high school, some of whom may actually have a deadbeat parent. The contest is not inviting only children who have deadbeat parents. It is inviting to all sides, thoughts and opinions regarding child support and deadbeats and encouraging NCP's to pay.

I think it would be very interesting to see and hear the views of the children in this age group, in this particular situation. Isn't this what it's all about? That the voice of our children be heard?

Kitten, if I wanted to abuse my children in such a way, I would have posted heartbreaking letters they have written to their deadbeat father for all the world to see. Letters that can never be mailed or forwarded because they don't know where he is, or why he doesn't care to pay for them. It's about as heartbreaking as your SO's own significant moveaway issues. But I'm not here to tug at your hearts.

A better alternative would be posting the "faces" of deadbeats all over on a national level. It would make hiding from their responsibilities to their children a lot less easier.

StPaulieGirl

Unreal.  I was so offended by that website, that I missed some points.

My ex husband could be classified as the devil, or at least his minion.  Look, I'm a female custiodial parent, but I hate how decent parents...and their kids... get the shaft on custody and child support.  I hate the government for sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong.

If I lived in that state, I'd be trying to drum up support for a recall.

Save the children my ass.....

FleetingMoment

>And can you be MORE specific on who is really a 'deadbeat' and
>who isn't?  Is a parent who's job has been downsized and they
>can't find a comparable paying one, when they can't afford to
>pay the same support?  And don't even bother to mention
>getting a modification, because it JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN.  They
>get further and further behind, barely able to keep clothes on
>their back and food in their stomach, but they STILL have to
>pay that exorbitant amount.  Many of the so-called 'deadbeats'
>are exactly in that situation.

Any parent who doesn't "bother" to get a modification, is an automatic deadbeat. No one is going to feel sympathetic towards an NCP who decides to throw to run away from their responsibilties. It is their choice not to pursue a downward modification. It is their choice not to continue to remit what they can and simply remain in arrears status. An NCP in arrears is not a deadbeat, nor are they defined as such. If a deadbeat is in that situation... it is because they allowed themselves to be put there.

You appear to enjoy rambling on alot. Next time, save it. Look up the definition of deadbeat before you lump all NCP's into a deadbeat category. It's a perfectly sensible legitimate contest, right along the lines of Save the Children, Don't Do Drugs, Recycle.  These are Juniors and Seniors in High School... from all walks of life... all family situations.

Calm down. It's not becoming to you.

MYSONSDAD

Again you miss the point. Many here are also subscribers to other websites. When we find something of interest, we share. So unlike yourself.

I am not 'riled' about anything. I was passing along something most of us here are interested in. If you had been KEEPING UP, you would know this was a nationwide campaign for the total bias against fathers. And we won.

Sharing and standing together with a common goal is what most of us are here for. And this does include sharing information that we can pass along.

I find it interesting that you have followed my posts. Somewhere I must have hit a nerve.

My question to you, WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED?

"Children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

'Isn't this what it's all about? That the voice of our children be heard?'  

Nope, it isn't, and the quicker you realize that, the better off you will be.  I don't give a damn if the child is 2, 22 or 42, they should NOT be asked by the government and this jerk to speak bad in ANY way about their parents.

Let me give you another example, as it appears that you're too dense to see the implications.  Here's a hypothetical for you:  it's discovered that the practices of some small farmers, of whom my own father would be a part of, have been considered to do irrreparable harm to the environment.  And they come to me, a 43 y.o., to make a statement denouncing what my father and others like him have done.  Personally I'd tell them to take a flying leap, after someone holds me back from punching their lights out.  My father did the best he could with what he knew and had.  And like Maya Angelo has said, when he knew better, he did better.

But for me to lambast him would be to say that I am just as bad.  I am a part of him.  For someone to ask me to say that my father is to blame and at fault.......right, wrong, or indifferent...........is an abomination to our relationship.  I don't give a damn if what he did was wrong, but it would cut my heart in two to be asked to publicly denounce him.....not when there are/were ways to alleviate the situation before it ever got that bad (as is the case here).  I'd turn around to those bureaucrats and tell THEM that THEY are the ones who screwed up, THEY are the ones who failed everyone........because they KNEW, chose to do nothing about it, then coped out by placing the blame on those who had absolutely NO control over the situation.  THEY are the ones to be publicly denounced...........

FM, get a clue, get a life...or get out of here............the kids of this world don't need your biased BS...........  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

kitten

How do your children know their Dad doesn't pay?  You told them?  I am very sorry that your children don't see their Dad.  That is hard enough for them without you telling them he doesn't pay you money either.  
Junior High and High School are STILL children.  Still too young to really understand the whole situation, still influenced by CP.  

If my SO loses his kids to a vindictive ex, he will still have to pay.  She intends to live off the CS, as she is doing now.  He will see them 3 times a year.  She tells them and will continue to tell them that he did not want them and that he does not want to pay for them either.  He paid for her college education because SHE wanted to be a teacher.  She has very good income potential, but refuses to go to work because the CS will be reduced.  The children cannot fully comprehend the truth until they have gotten both sides of the story and are at a point in their young adulthood to WANT to hear both sides.  

BTW...he had been overpaying her for several months.  Do you think the court will make her pay him back?  Do you think she will be labeled for not doing so?  Do you think if he gets custody and she moves away, she will have to pay CS?  Will she be labeled a "Deadbeat Mom"?