Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:48:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

dontusekids.com

Started by MYSONSDAD, Oct 10, 2004, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FleetingMoment

Excuse me?  What campaign are you blabbing about now? The billboard one is a national campaign and you won how?

I've observed/read Glenn Sacks denouncement of the billboard campaign. How adeptly he changed the wording of the contest in the website from "deadbeat parents" to DEADBEAT DADS.  From "parents" assisting their children with the submissions to 'CUSTODIAL MOTHERS.

That's called word play twist.

Glenn Sacks does nothing but manipulate everything he can get his hands on into a dramatic father's episode. He turns ALL fathers into victims and deadbeats. Poor Glenn, and pity the fools that fall for his nonsense.

It matters not to me who you considered respect posters. As Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I don't get no respect." Who's asking for your respect? As far as which posts I choose to respond it's not who posts them, but the subject matter.

Who is your son's dad anyway? Just curious?

FleetingMoment

The way some people go at it here, shows their children are no more protected from humiliation within their own homes then they would be from public humiliation. It's pathetic how many want to get away with such behavior around and to their children in their own private domains, but will scream that their privacy has been invaded when their actions are threatened to be made public. IMO there's a lot more important things to protect a child from, than a fed or state attempt to collect child support from a deadbeat.

All parents who act/react in ways that are not in the best interest of children should endure the same consequences.

Kitty C.

'All parents who act/react in ways that are not in the best interest of children should endure the same consequences.'

I agree with you!  And everyone on this site does, too.  Problem is, our current court system doesn't quite see it that way.  Only when that is changed will ALL parents be treated equally, either positively or negatively.

The people here 'go at it' because this is probably one of the damn few places where they can voice their problems and frustrations with the system and be UNDERSTOOD.  We talk about hating the exes and wanting the children to see what their poor excuses for parents REALLY are like.  I'd give anything to be able to take my SS aside and give him an earful.  And my DS's SM has had and still has plenty of opportunity.......and reason (from MANY years ago).......to do the same.  But we DON'T, because we know they SHOULD NEVER BE INVOLVED OR PUT IN THE MIDDLE.  If I have a problem with PBFH, I will take it up with HER, and SS will NEVER hear about it, at least from me.  DS's SM has said her piece to me, but then welcomed him into her home and heart and has NEVER spoken badly of me to him....EVER.  

When a parent speaks badly, in any way, shape, or form, of the other parent to the child, all they are really saying is that part of the child is bad, too.  THAT is all the child hears.    When you told your children that their father did not financially support them, did you magically grow intuitive and was able to literally read their minds as to how they felt about it?  Do you honestly think they'd tell you even if you asked?

The writing is on the wall, not only with your children, but with my SS as well.  For all that his mother has told him and exposed him to, when she SHOULD have been the adult and kept her damn mouth shut, I can guarantee you that the day he graduates, he won't even let the door hit him on the way out as he tells her to kiss his a$$.......if he hadn't left already.  Her attitude and mouth has already caused him to have no respect for her.  He's told us as much (of his own free will).

I truly feel sorry for him....and your kids as well.  They are innocents in all this.  They truly want to love both their parents, because they are part of each of them.  To denegrate one, whether publicly or privately, and in ANY form (including yours) is an abomonation to their innocense.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

I'm guilty of some of that behavior.  This is why I come here.   People will straighten me out.  I blocked my husband's email address after my son commented on me screaming at the computer screen, several years ago.  "Email from dad"?  As parents and adults, we must keep our dignity.  We also have to keep our children's best interests in the forefront.

I never come outside when my ex picks up the kids.  They attribute that to supposed guilt, and perhaps fear.   I don't want to end up punching "Miss Mandatory Reporter's" lights out.  I'm fed up, therefore I get urges to do bad things.  No contact is my rule.

My kids have 100% access to their father.  Last week, my youngest left a message on her father's cell phone regarding the upcoming weekend.  He didn't return her call, so she called him Saturday only to find out that he was out of state, attending his wife's cousin's wedding.  Why didn't he return her call?  Why did everyone turn off the phones the day he was supposed to pick her up for the entire summer?  This was not a court ordered visitation, but the little one wanted it.  She was packed and ready to go, but daddy never showed up.

This cretin then instructs his wife to file false neglect charges against me the day after the little one's 10th birthday!  This is why I won't come outside when he bothers showing up.  My little one has steel rods in her leg, but has been practicing scooting around on her bottom to be able to access the stairs in her father's house.  

I hate that asshole.

kitten

MYSONSDAD

Who's babbling? Have I offended you? TOUGH

Definition of RESPECT:

1. to feel or show honor or esteem for; 2. to show consideration for; regard; 3. expression of regard; 4. a particular detail; 5. reference, relation

per Websters dictionary...

P.S. RESPECT IS EARNED

And as far as my son, he is mine, no doubts about it, EVER, IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

you are barking up the wrong tree

"Children learn what they live"