Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:04:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School enrollment records

Started by army_dad, Mar 03, 2006, 03:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

army_dad

The state our court order is in is Oklahoma.  My ex has custody and I have visitation.  In our court order it states that I am allowed access to the childrens school and daycare records.  

I currently receive report cards and progress reports from the school my child attends.

I have requested 2 times to get a copy of my child enrollment paperwork used to register my child for school. I wanted to be ensureI was listed on the paperwork as the father and as an emergency contact.  

The school and exwife have said I am not entittled to this information, and that I am only allowed to receive report cards and progress reports and had no business to the other records.

Am I allowed to have the enrollment information?

socrateaser

>Am I allowed to have the enrollment information?

I would say that you are entitled to access to all records, unless specifically restricted by your court orders. I suggest that ask the other parent, in writing, to provide you with a letter consenting to your access to the school records, and that if she refuses, that you will be forced to file a motion for a clarification and enforcement order with the court -- which will almost certainly result in unnecessary expense and wasted time for both of you -- and which will not please the court.

SFMedic

Army Dad,

I went through the same situation years ago, back when both of my children were enrolled in headstart and kindergarten.  The following website http://www.jesbeard.com/6l.htm should provide you another avenue of approach.

(text deleted, per forum guidelines)