Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:05:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Home evaluation New Jersey case- I am in WA

Started by hardtofix, Mar 10, 2006, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardtofix

Is it best to wait for the court to order a home evaluation?

I would like to be proactive. We do not have a GAL nor any evaluation ordered yet. My lawyer indicates in his copied correspondence that he must have had a conversation with the judge on this subject however.

My son has severe emotional issues resulting from this divorce. DYFS is involved. The school is very concerned. I have alot to show in my favor, but the biggest thing against me is the move to Seattle. My wife changed her mind after I moved and then filed for divorce.  She allows ZERO contact with my son and I since Sept 2005. Will not speak to me and showed up to mediation 2 weeks ago unwilling to negotiate. Mediator says she can't be succesful with us.  I have posted before.  Right now, it is financially impossible to move back to NJ. Thank you for that recommendation, would like to win the lottery.

Currently I am gathering the support available from the local school district to present my case to ask for me to be the parent of primary residence.

I am enrolled in a parenting class that starts next Monday for ADD/ADHD children. My wife refuses to take son to diagnosis/treatment but the Child Study team reported that his behavior is atypical for an ADD/ADHD child.

What else can you recommend I do that would help the case?

My lawyer is very slow and I am becoming increasingly frustrated at his lack of availability.

Thank you for your help.

socrateaser

>What else can you recommend I do that would help the case?

My previous advice stands as written. You are looking for miracles, and I don't have any. If DYFS is involved and their investigation reveals that the other parent is a danger to the child, then you have a chance. Otherwise, forgetaboutit. This is NJ, you're talking about, and as I have said time and time again, NJ has the most unfriendly laws with respect to non-custodial parents of any jurisdiction in the Nation.

If you want a home study, ask for one.

>My lawyer is very slow and I am becoming increasingly
>frustrated at his lack of availability.

If you're unhappy with his performance, I suggest that you write him and explain your concerns and request that if he cannot effectively address them, that you will be forced to discharge him from the case.

However, your attorney may be trying to save you money, by waiting to see if your ex screws up, because he knows the same things that I'm telling you. Unless you move back to NJ, or the other parent does something incredibly stupid act which injures the child, or causes the judge to hold the other parent in contempt, you are gonna lose, no matter how much money you spend fighting.

hardtofix

giving up is a hard thing to do.
thank you for your efforts! I do appreciate it.

4honor

Who is on this child study team? are they medical personnel or a team of psychologist, social workers and teachers who are not qualified to diagnose? Be careful who you are allowing to label your child.

and if they are stating that his behavior is ATYPICAL (not typical) for ADHD/ADD then get him tested for other conditions, because certain vision problems and heart conditions can mimic ADHD/ADD symptoms.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

hardtofix

the Child Study team was from the school district. He was observed and interviewed by 3 psychologists.
My STBX will not take my son for any medical evaluation. Nothing is working to get my son help. THe only reason STBX is taking son to counseling is due to the school esclation to DYFS.